ACT Exam Dates 2023: The ACT, or American College Testing, is an entrance exam for students who are seeking admission to universities in English-speaking countries. Universities in the United States prefer the ACT. This exam may be registered for both online and offline. Non-residents of the United States must pay an exam cost of $63 (INR 4,835.25) (excluding writing paper) or $88 (INR 6,754) (including writing paper). The American College Testing score is valid for five years. Previously, the exam structure was paper-based. Outside of the United States, American College Testing is administered in an online mode. Reading, Mathematics, English, Science, and an optional writing paper make up the ACT curriculum. The Exam score range is assessed on a scale of 0-36. The duration of the entrance test is 2 hrs 55 minutes. This excludes the writing section. Another 40 minutes are given to students who are taking the entrance exam with the writing section.
ACT Registration 2023:
“How to Apply for the ACT?” is a question that many students have. — Both online and offline approaches are available for registration, however the former is preferable. The deadline to register for the Exam is usually five weeks before the test date. The following are the online and offline registration details for the exam:
- Visit the official website using a computer/laptop
- Register on the official website.
- Once registered with the email ID and password, complete the profile selection process by entering personal and academic information.
- Choose your exam date from the list of exam dates and the choice (with or without writing)
- Candidates are required to choose 4 colleges who will declare your test score after the conclusion of the entrance exam
- Choose the exam centre as per your convenience.
- Upload necessary documents and photograph
- Pay the application fee
- Submit the form
- Request a mail packet from your school or download one from the internet through the official website.
- Fill in contact and academic information, as well as the exam center and date.
- Mail the registration form to the concerned address. It will take around a week time to deliver your application form to the concerned authorities.
ACT Test 2023 Cancellation:
Candidates will not be refunded if their exam schedules need to be changed or the exam is canceled. As a result, rescheduling is preferable to cancelling. If the official body cancels the event, the applicants will be notified. In the event of a cancellation, students should contact ACT Student Services to determine the next available window.
There are no rigorous qualifying requirements that candidates must follow. Candidates in grades 11 and 12 often take the exam to further their education. The exam is also available to students who are in grade 6 to grade 9. To take the ACT, the individual must be at least 13 years old. There are no age restrictions. Candidates under the age of 13 can take the exam with the help of student service.
ACT Exam Dates 2023:
The exam dates for the year 2023 are given below. The full exam schedule will be released soon on the official website.
|Exam Dates||Registration Starts||Registration Ends|
|February 4, 2023||January 6, 2023||January 13, 2023|
|April 8, 2023||March 3, 2023||March 17, 2023|
|June 10, 2023||May 5, 2023||May 19, 2023|
|July 15, 2023||June 9, 2023||June 23, 2023|
The exam format includes a 215-question MCQs-based examination. The exam assesses a student in five areas: reading, math, English, science, and a writing portion that is optional. The test’s duration is 2 hours and 55 minutes, excluding the 40-minute ACT Writing section. The following is a full overview of the exam syllabus that you must read before beginning your preparation.
ACT Exam 2023 Syllabus:
Candidates can check here the ACT Exam Syllabus for Maths, Science, English, etc:
The mathematics section in the exam consists of 60 questions. Students are given 60 minutes to complete the section. Candidates will be asked questions from the following topics:
- Elementary Trigonometry
- Plane Geometry
- Coordinate Geometry
- Elementary Algebra
- Pre Algebra
- Intermediate Algebra
The Science section has 40 questions that must be answered in 35 minutes. Data Representation, Conflicting Viewpoints, and Research Summary are the three primary passage types on the ACT science exam, and they include themes in physics, chemistry, biology, and earth sciences. There are seven paragraphs in all, with tables, charts, and graphs frequently following. ACT science assesses test-takers’ interpretative, analytical, problem-solving, and assessment abilities.
The English part consists of 75 questions that candidates must answer in 45 minutes. Multiple-choice questions follow passages or multiple essays in the English section. Questions on usage/mechanics, sentence building, and rhetorical ability are asked in the English test. On one side of the page, there are underlined sections that need to be rectified, and on the other side, there are response alternatives.
The reading section consists of 40 questions to be answered in 35 minutes. There are four portions in all, three of which have extensive paragraphs and the fourth of which has two brief paragraphs. The questions on the exam are often similar to those in the first-year college course. The ACT reading questions are divided into four categories: Social Studies, Biological Sciences, Arts, and Literary Narrative or Prose Fiction. The ACT reading test measures main concepts and details, structure and growth, and knowledge and idea consistency.
Writing Syllabus (Optional):
ACT Writing is an optional part that Indian students typically choose. The writing exam has an essay assignment that must be finished in 40 minutes. The essay prompt specifies three points of view on a contentious topic. Candidates must explain and justify their stance on the subject. It is graded on a scale of 1 to 6 by two evaluators. Ideas and reasoning abilities, structure and growth, language usage, and framework are the four criteria on which this part is graded. The capacity to generate meaningful thoughts and assess alternative points of view on the given subject is reflected in this section’s scores.
ACT Scores 2023:
From 1 to 36, the ACT score range is determined. The average of the four portions of the ACT curriculum makes up the aggregate score. The four areas of the score report are reading, math, English, and science. Candidates who are wondering, “What is the passing score?” should be aware that there is none. Candidates must meet the ACT cutoffs set by the universities they have chosen. The validity of the score is five years. Candidates can cancel their scores as they leave the testing centre. They should tell the proctor about it.
How to Send ACT Scores?:
If you’re wondering, “When and where are ACT scores reported?” this is the place to go. After the scores are available, ACT sends your scorecard to you instantly. It is also feasible to transmit your scores to more universities. To accomplish this, follow the instructions below:
- You may purchase it through the official account online.
- Pay the amount using your credit card.
ACT Exam 2023 Preparation Tips:
A few general ACT preparation recommendations are as follows:
- Learn all there is to know about the curriculum.
- Choose from the Official cPrep Guide 2020-21, Beginner’s Guide, Prep Subject Guides, and more to get the two finest ACT exam preparation books.
- Practice test questions on a regular basis
- Learn through the Academy, which offers online courses.
- Recognize the various sorts of exam questions.
- The online preparation material is available for a variety of topics.
- Use Academy to access free online resources.
- Make an study schedule that works for you.
- Recognize your flaws and learn & try hard to overcome them.
- When making your study schedule and performing the diagnostic exams, keep time management in mind.
- Work on eliminating the elimination procedure.