Binghamton University Admissions 2023: Binghamton University is a well-established public university that came into being in 1946 in Binghamton city of New York. The university is well-known for its interdisciplinary education and research programs. It caters to its students with world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities. The university provides all the educational requirements of the students. It is also known for meaningful and intellectual cultural exchange. The university received several awards for its innovative international education and students from several countries choose Binghamton University for their education. If you are willing to acquire Binghamton University Admissions 2023, go through the details mentioned in the article.
Binghamton University Admissions 2023 – Highlights:
- Type of University: Public
- Year of Establishment: 1946
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Percentage of International applicants: 15%
Binghamton University Programs Offered:
Binghamton University Admissions 2023 is an opportunity for attaining admission in the desired program. The university proffers above 130 undergraduate programs and 80 graduate programs.
- Six different colleges provide a wide range of programs in fields such as Nursing, Health Science, Public Affairs, Art & Science, Management, and Engineering.
- In addition to this, there are several honor programs for all majors and accelerated programs for the duration of 5 years.
- The university is also acclaimed for offering engineering degree programs.
List of Courses: Check the list of courses offered:
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Nursing
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Economics
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Accounting
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Accounting
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Anthropology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Biological Sciences
- Master of Science [M.S] Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Doctor of Philososphy [Ph.D] Management
- Master of Science [M.S] Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Geological Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Integrative Neuroscience
- Master of Science [M.S] Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Health Systems
- Master of Science [M.S] Materials Science and Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Systems Science
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Adult-Gerontological Nursing
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Community Health Nursing
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Physics
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Biomedical Anthropology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Chinese Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Judaic Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Korean Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Latin American and Caribbean Area Studies
- Master of Arts [M.A] Asian and Asian American Studies
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Family Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Asian and Asian American Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] German
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Hebrew
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Russian Studies: Area Studies
- Bachelor Russian Studies: Literary and Cultural Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D] Community and Public Affairs
- Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D] Economics
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Africana Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Arabic Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Chemistry
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Cinema
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Classical and Near Eastern Studies: Classical
Binghamton University 2023 Application Process:
Applicants looking forward to Binghamton University Admissions 2023 need to follow the below-given application procedure:
- For undergraduate admission, apply through Coalition Application or Common Application whereas for graduate admissions, apply via Graduate Admissions Application.
- The graduate application fee is 75 USD.
- The undergraduate application fee is 50 USD.
- Fill the application form with all the correct and original details.
- Check the filled application form once for avoiding any inconvenience later.
- Attach the important documents with the fully filled application form.
- Submit the application form before the deadline.
Binghamton University Admission Deadlines:
The institute offers a huge variety of courses for international applicants at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The admission deadlines for graduate and undergraduate applications are as follows:
- Early action: November 1
- Regular action: March 15
Cost of Attendance: Students should have an estimate of the cost incurred so that it would be easy to manage the expenses. Here are the details about the estimated cost in USD:
- Tuition Fees: 24,660
- Student Fees: 5,218
- Housing and Meals: 16,549
- Cost of Attendance: 45,700
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students:
Know all about scholarship and fellowship grants to the international students so that they can manage expenses of studies in USA. Check the details below:
- Scholarships proffered are based on merit during the time of admission
- There will be no application process for merit-based scholarships.
- The awards vary in amount and highly competitive, the one with better merit will able to receive.
- There are limited scholarships for international students
- There are three types of four-year scholarships offered by the university: President’s, Provost’s, and Dean’s scholarship.
International Student Admissions:
International students need to follow some additional requirements along with general requirements. Foreign applications need to keep in mind certain points described here:
Submit the following documents:
- Official transcripts of previously attended three institutions by the applicant
- International students with J-1 or H-1 visa need to submit financial support documents
- Complete the Test-Optional Form given on the checklist.
- A copy of my passport
- Immigration documents
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation.
- Scores of English proficiency tests for non-English speaking applicants. The test includes TOEFL iBT, SAT and ACT, Duolingo, IELTS.
- The course requirements are different for every program.
English Proficiency Test Scores for non-English speakers:
The international applicants or non-native English speakers need to prove their proficiency in the English language by submitting any one English Proficiency test scores amongst TOEFL, IELTS, etc. whichever accepted by the university.
Scores accepted for undergraduate admissions:
- TOEFL: 80-95
- Duolingo: 110-120
- IELTS: 6.5 – 7.0
- ACT (English): 21-27
- SAT (EBRW) : 530 – 640
Scores accepted for graduate admissions:
- TOEFL- iBT: 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 53
Visa Process for International Students:
International applicants will get F- 1 visa to study in the USA. The steps to obtain are as follows:
- Binghamton University will issue I- 20 form to the selected students.
- Students need to submit all the required documents in order to seek I- 20.
- After completing the I- 20, the applicants need to submit the SEVIS I- 901 fee and then apply for F- 1 visa by filling DS- 160 visa application.
Documents required to Complete DS- 160 visa application:
- Two recent photographs
- Visa application fees & forms
- Travel itinerary
- International travel history
- SEVIS fee receipt
- Financial documents
- Acceptance and admission letter from the University
- Other documents as required by consulate or embassy
Attend the visa interview in your country at a US consulate or embassy so that the visa gets approved.
There are more than 130 majors, minors, concentrations, tracks and specializations are offered. It includes the top areas of study such as Business, Engineering and Computer Science. For undergraduate admission, the following documents are needed:
- Completed application
- Official high school transcripts
- SAT or ACT (test-optional)
- Complete test-optional form for fall 2021
- One teacher/ counselor recommendation
- English proficiency test scores (for international students)
- Interview with an admission counselor
- Essay and/or SOP for US
- Letters of recommendation to study in US
It offers above 60 masters and 30 doctoral degrees. It offers Bachelors and Masters. Some of the courses include Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Educational Studies, and Systems Science, etc.