Citadel – Military College of South Carolina Admission 2022: South Carolina is known for its huge number of universities and one of them is Citadel Military College of South Carolina. The Citadel is known for its Corps of Cadets, which has attracted so many students from various parts of the United States and other countries. This is basically a public college situated in Charleston which came into being in the year 1842 and a state-supported college. The Citadel College is the topmost educational institution in the South which offers various courses. If you are looking forward to applying for The Citadel Admission 2022 then check the complete admission details below:
The Citadel Admission 2022 Highlights:
- College Type: Public
- UG Application Portal: Official website
- Work-Study Program: Available
- Types of Programs: Full time; Part-time; Online
- Admission Helpdesk: (800) 868-1842; [email protected]
Programs: Know all details about the programs from the information given below:
- The college provides more than 24 undergraduate majors, 39 minors, and 26 graduate programs via 5 colleges around 22 concentrations
- The well-known majors include Business Administration and Management; Engineering; Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration; Social Sciences; Kinesiology; Military/General Intelligence; etc.
- The college provides accommodation based on the type of programs they selected.
The Citadel Admission Process:
Admission Requirements: To seek admission to Citadel Military College of South Carolina, students are required to submit the following documents:
- Transcripts, LOR, SOP
- Test Scores of SAT/ACT/MAT/GMAT/GRE
- English Proficiency Test Score:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper test); 213 (computer test); 79 (iBT)
- Application Fee: USD 40
- Additional Requirements: Resume; Proof of financial support, single, age 17 – 23
- The Citadel Application forms for international students are available on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids:
Check the attendance and financial help provided to the students:
- 72% of students receive some financial help from the college.
- The average scholarship offered to students is USD 10,054.
- Cost of Attendance (in USD)
- Tuition and Fees: 37,606
- Books and Supplies: 8,000
- Travel: 2,576
- Room and Board: 7,755
- Personal: 1,931
The university invites applications for three sessions – fall, summer and spring.
The college considers medical fitness very important and thus candidates are required to submit the medical history and physical evaluation forms while applying for admission.
The Citadel Admission Highlights
- Candidates can apply for admission through the online application mode.
- Submit the non-refundable Application Fee: 40 USD
- Average SAT score accepted: 1120
- Average ACT score: 22
- Mode of paying application fee: Master-Card/American Express/Discover/visa
- Work Experience: Only for Business Programs
- Financial Support: Grant, Aid, Scholarships
- Official academic transcripts
- International candidates must get their academic credentials verified by a member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). Later, NACES will send the evaluated credentials to The Citadel office.
- Official TOEFL score
- Applicants must fill the Student Immigration Supplement form before applying for visa. This form requires bank verification for proof of funding and Financial certification
International students must submit the TOEFL scores so that their English proficiency can be checked. The minimum required scores by the university are as follows:
- TOEFL- iBT: 79
- TOEFL- PBT: 550
- TOEFL- CBT:213
- The International students will be issued with the Form I-20 from the university after their certificates are accepted and if they have submitted the Student Immigration Supplement form.
- Complete the I-20 form and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- After that, applicants will apply for the F-1 visa. Submit the form and application fee.
- For the visa interview, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A copy of passport
- Application Form for Non-Immigrant Visa DS-160
- Application fee payment receipt
- Eligibility certificate for the F-1 Student Status (Form 1-20)
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
The Citadel provides almost 11 evening undergraduate courses for applicants. The basic process for admission for all courses is almost the same. The students at The Citadel complete their first 2 years at a regionally accredited college/university and then they are transferred to The Citadel for the final two years of their major. This is not compulsory for all the courses but required for Engineering, Civil, Construction, and Nursing programs. To apply for the desired program, use the online portal. The candidate is exempted from paying the application fee for any of the undergraduate program.
Documents required for admission: Students must submit the following documents at the time of admission along with the application form:
- Academic transcripts
- High school diploma
- SAT/ACT/TOFEL scores
Graduate Admission Details:
There are above 25 graduate courses and few of them can be completed online. All different courses have their requirements and deadlines. Check the complete details about admission into graduate programs below:
- Completed online application form
- Submission of the supplemental documents such as resume, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Official transcripts from the last attended universities/colleges with evaluated credentials
- English proficiency test scores
- Registration for graduate admissions test (if the course requires it)
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Some courses require additional application material
Graduate Program Eligibility:
- For MBA, the minimum academic requirement is 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent. Minimum GPA: 2.5; GMAT/GRE scores
- To apply for M.S. Project Management, the candidate must have done 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent; GPA: 3; GMAT/GRE scores
- If you are applying for M.S. Civil Engineering, then you must be possessed with 4-year undergraduate degree from ABET-accredited engineering program or alternative; Minimum GPA: 3.0
To do an M.A. in English, it is mandatory to must have done 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent; Minimum GPA: 2.5; Minimum MAT: 300 or GRE: 300 (quantitative)