Postgraduate Electrical Engineering in New Zealand: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering aims at teaching students advanced Physics and Mathematics with principles from electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. The course aims at designing, creating, installing, and testing equipment, devices, and systems that utilize electricity. If you are willing to acquire Postgraduate Electrical Engineering courses in New Zealand then find out comprehensive details as follows:
Electrical Engineering Specializations in New Zealand:
Most of the Electrical Engineering courses are offered as M.Sc. (Master of Science) or M.Eng. (Master of Engineering) degrees. Electrical Engineering comprises several specializations such as:
- Power Systems
- Integrated Devices and Systems
- Communication Networks
- Integrated Circuit Design
- Computer Vision & Biometrics
Electrical Engineering Courses and Skills:
The course offered at Post Graduate level in Electrical Engineering depends from one university to university and programme to another. The courses comprise of Materials Science, Integrated Circuits, Digital Control Engineering, Signal Processing, Antennas and Propagation, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, the Internet of Things (IoT), etc. While doing the course, students will learn how to use tools, software, signal generators, frequency calibrators, voltage or current meters, and various devices. As far as software is concerned, you will learn all about computer-aided drafting tools, circuit simulators, project management apps, etc.
A Career in Electrical Engineering:
After completing the Post Graduate Electrical Engineering course, applicants can attain the opportunity in electricity, electronics, or electromagnetism. After completing the course, you will be able to find work in companies that deals with the generation, distribution, and transmission of electric power. It is easy to find popular jobs in systems engineering, electronics engineering, electrical engineering, nuclear engineer, network engineer, broadcast engineer, systems analysis, etc.
Reasons for Pursuing Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in New Zealand:
Education Based on Successful Model: Education in New Zealand is based on the UK model. With such a strong foundation, the universities located in the UK leave no stone unturned in teaching students internationally. Most of the universities here are top in ranking.
- Safe Environment: New Zealand is the most peaceful nation in the world as per the Global Peace Index. The country is far away from crime and corruption and politically also, it is quite stable. Thus, it offers a peaceful society where citizens can study and enjoy hand-to-hand.
- A friendly and welcoming Nation: New Zealanders are known all over for their friendliness towards internationals. The reason behind this, that they respect their local traditions, which is all about taking care of other people and sharing respect.
- Best Outdoor and Thrill Activities: Students have a lot of entertainment in New Zealand. There are various adventurous activities offered such as white water rafting, canoeing, ice climbing, bungy jumping, hiking, zorbing, and scuba diving
List of Universities offering PG Electrical Engineering courses in New Zealand:
The popular destinations to study PG in Electrical Engineering in New Zealand are as follows:
- University of Auckland
- Massey University
Process to Apply:
To apply in New Zealand begins in February and will get over in November with a month-long break in June/July.
Documents Required to Apply for Electrical Engineering:
The following documents are required to apply for Electrical Engineering:
- A personal statement of intent
- Transcripts from secondary school such as university courses taken
- Test scores in ACT or SAT
- Proof of funding, or intent to apply for funding the tuition
- Proof of paying the application fee
- Financial Aid Applications
The minimum scores varies from university to university and programme to programme. The English proficiency tests accepted are as follows:
- TOEFL iBT
- IELTS Academic
- Cambridge: C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency
- PTE Academic
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)