FMGE 2023: National Board of Examinations (NBE) commences FMGE Foreign Medical Graduate Examination every year. The test aims at shortlisting the candidates with the primary medical qualification from outside India and the desire of getting registration with MCI (Medical Council of India) or any state medical council. The examination is meant only for Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India. Further, the exam commences twice a year – June and December months. Collect all the important details such as eligibility criteria, the process to apply, and so on regarding FMGE 2023
Before applying for FMGE 2023, check the eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidate should be Indian and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) are eligible to apply for the exam.
- The medical degree holds by Foreign Medical Graduates should be confirmed by the concerned Indian Embassy.
- It is mandatory to submit proof of primary medical qualification.
- To acquire the provisional or permanent registration from the NMC or SMC, candidates must acquire the qualifying marks. One should acquire at least 150 marks out of 300 to clear the FMGE.
- However, medical graduates from New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, the United States of America need not appear in the exam, as such applicants are already working/worked as a medical practitioner in India.
FMGE 2023 Exam Date:
Find below the June & December Session exam date
For June Session:
|Starting of application form||April 2023|
|Last date to submit an application||May 2023|
|Correction facility||May 2023|
|Image correction||May 2023|
|Issue of admit card||June 2023|
|Exam date||June 2023|
|Declaration of result||June 2023|
For December Session:
|Starting of application form||2nd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of October 2023|
|Correction||1st week of December 2023|
|Releasing of admit card||2nd week of December 2023|
|FMGE 2023 exam date||3rd week of December 2023|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of January 2023|
FMGE 2023 Application Form:
The application form for FMGE 2023 will be released online through the website nbe.edu.in or natboard.edu.in. This is the direct link to fill the application form to apply for the test. Fill in all the details in the application form and submit them on time. NBE will not accept any application form after the last date. At the same time, it is mandatory to complete NBE FMGE registration for appearing in the test. In addition to this, incomplete payment, incorrect information, etc cancel the application. Here are the steps to fill the application form:
- FMGE Registration Process
- Issuance of login credentials
- Filling the Application form
- Payment of the application fee
- Printout of the confirmation page
Steps to Fill Application Form:
Here is the step-by-step process to fill the application form:
- First, click on the FMGE 2023 application form link
- Now register by entering the contact details such as the mobile number and email ID
- In the next step, login credentials will be generated and sent on the registered email ID and mobile number
- Log in with the help of user’s ID and password so that you can fill the application form
- Submit your personal, educational, and contact details during registration
- Choose any one city amongst 46 cities across India to appear in the exam.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photo, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in the application form.
- Now, agree to the declaration and submit the filled application form.
- Submit the application form fee of Rs. 6000/- in the online mode using credit/debit cards and net banking
- Towards the end, the confirmation page will flash on the screen. Check all the details and take multiple printouts of the confirmation page.
FMGE 2023 – Overview:
- Name of exam: Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
- Exam Conducting Authority: National Board of Examinations (NBE)
- Exam Level: National
- Category of screening test: Postgraduate (PG)
- Periodicity: June and December
- Purpose of exam: To provide the eligibility for issuing the provisional or permanent registration from (MCI) or State Medical Council to an Indian citizen or Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
NBE will release the list of examination centers. Overall, the exam will be conducted in 46 different cities of the nation. The candidate will get information about the exam center via admit card. The exam center will be allotted based on the filled choice in the application form. The exam center can be anyone from the cities mentioned here:
Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar, Kottayam, Ajmer, Kozhikode, Aligarh, Lucknow, Bengaluru, Madurai, Bhopal, Meerut, Bhubaneswar, Mehsana, Bikaner, Mumbai, Chandigarh/ Mohali, Muzaffarnagar, Chennai, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Patiala, Dehradun, Patna, Delhi/NCR, Pune, Ernakulum, Raipur, Gangtok, Ranchi, Guwahati, Roorkee, Hyderabad, Shillong, Imphal, Sikar, Jammu, Srinagar, Jodhpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Kannur, Thrissur, Kohima, Tiruchirappalli, Kolkata, Vellore, Kollam, and Visakhapatnam
Before preparing for the test, the candidate must be familiar with the exam pattern. The examination pattern consisted of information such as the type of questions, number of sections, Exam Duration, and other details. Check the related information here:
- The exam will be a Computer-based test.
- There will be two sessions – Part A and Part B (both commenced in a single session)
- The candidate will get 300 minutes to complete the exam. Each part has to be completed in 150 minutes.
- The Paper will have Multiple choice questions
- And the number of questions in the paper will be 300
- The exam will be commenced in the English language.
- The candidate will receive 1 mark for every correct answer and no negative marking at all.
- The candidate must attain at least 150 marks to clear the exam.
After all, formalities to appear in the test gets over, candidates worry about the exam syllabus. To ease down their botheration, the syllabus to prepare for FMGE 2023 is given below:
- Anatomy: General Anatomy, Regional Anatomy, Elements of Anatomy, Human Genetics, Surface Anatomy, Sectional Anatomy, etc.
- Physiology: Body fluids – Blood, Nerve and Muscle, General Physiology, Skin and Body temperature, Kidney, Gastrointestinal Tract, Reproduction, Central Nervous Systems, etc.
- Ophthalmology: Basic sciences – Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Elementary, Optics, Diseases of the Eye, Uveal Tract, Cornea, Glaucoma, Retina, etc.
- Dermatology And Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Diseases caused by Nutritional and Environmental Factors, Dermatological therapy, Structure and functions of Sebaceous glands and Disease, Melanocytes, pigment metabolism, and other disorders of Pigmentation, etc.
- Biochemistry: Cell and Sub-cellular structures, Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins, Hydrogen Ion concentration Acid, Bases, Buffers, Handerson-Haselbach equation, Digestion and Absorption from GI Tract, etc.
- Otorhinolaryngology: Diseases of Trachea, Oesophagus, Diseases of Nose & Para Nasal sinuses, Diseases of the Ear, etc.
- Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences, Conduction of Mental Status Examination, Schizophrenia, Anxiety disorders & hysteria, Clinical features, diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders of childhood and adolescence, etc.
Mark Distribution for Pre & Para Clinical Subjects: Given below is the weightage they carry in the test:
- Anatomy: 17
- Physiology: 17
- Biochemistry: 17
- Pathology: 13
- Microbiology: 13
- Pharmacology: 13
- Forensic Medicine: 10
Mark Distribution for Clinical subjects:
- Medicine: 33
- Psychiatry: 5
- Dermatology & STD: 5
- Radiotherapy: 5
Mark Distribution for General Surgery & Allied Subjects:
- General surgery: 32
- Anesthesiology: 5
- Orthopedics: 5
- Radiodiagnosis: 5
- Pediatrics: 15
- Ophthalmology: 15
- Otorhinolaryngology: 15
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: 30
- community medicine: 30
Practice Test: NBE will release the mock test at nbe.edu.in. This will help students to do the practice for the exam. They will get an idea about the exam pattern, type of questions asked, difficulty level, etc.
The admit card/hall ticket will be released via the website nbe.edu.in. To download the admit card, enter the user ID and password. Kindly note, only the registered candidates can download the admit card. After downloading the hall ticket, applicants will attach the passport size photograph to the space given in the hall ticket. The admit card has exam-related details and information about the candidate.
Steps to download admit card 2023:
- First, click on the link
- Now, log in by entering user ID and password
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Check the details mentioned in the admit card
- Download and seek the printout of the hall ticket.
Documents required at the Exam Center:
Carry the following documents to the exam center of FMGE 2023:
- Admit Card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card (with the photograph)
The exam result will be released in PDF format. Download the exam result from the official website. The result includes – roll number of the candidate, marks scored (out of 300), and the qualifying status. Qualified candidates will download the scorecard using their login details.
Steps to Check the Result:
- Visit the official website and click the link.
- The PDF of the result will appear on the screen.
- The result provides the applicant’s details and the qualifying status
- Make sure to check the information on the scorecard carefully.
- Take a printout of the exam result.