FSU Admission 2023: Florida State University is shortened for FSU. It is a public university that came into being in the year 1851. This prestigious university aims to preserve, expand, and spread education Arts, Science, Technology, Profession, and so many more. It is one of the selective institutes to study in the USA where the acceptance rate is around 37%. It offers a huge number of programs such as 104 Bachelor’s Degrees, 111 Master’s Degrees, 11 specialized degrees, 67 Doctoral degrees, and 2 professional degrees. It has more than 47,000 students from the state of Florida and students from 130 plus countries prefer seeking admission here. It follows the student-faculty ratio of 21:1 and students are given world-class facilities and opportunities to study in the U.S.
Florida State University Admission 2023 Highlights:
- Established: 1851
- University Type: Public University
- Accreditation: Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Number of Undergraduate Programs: 104
- Number of Graduate Programs: 111
- Campus area: 1,428 acres
- of Residence Halls: 18
- Types of residence: Suite-style and apartment-style
- Graduate retention rate: 83%
- Minimum Graduate GPA required: 3.0
- Financial Aid: Scholarships and grants available
- Official Website: fsu.edu
FSU 2023 Application Process:
To seek admission to Florida State University (FSU), aspirants need to apply through the application process. The university provides admission to around 1,700 international students in graduate courses. University also provides admission to undergraduate courses as well. International students need to fulfill additional requirements for admission into Florida State University. Given below is the application process:
Florida State University Fees:
- Application Portal: Online, Common/Coalition Application
- Application Fee: 30 USD
- Online application forms are available on the official website of Florida State University. Fill in all the details in the application form correctly and send it before the last date.
Graduate Admission Details:
- For Graduate admissions, the online process will be followed. Candidates are required to complete the admission form a year prior to the upcoming session of enrolment.
- Graduate students need to submit transcripts of a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and GMAT/GRE test scores.
- To get done with graduate admission, The College of Medicine and College of Law have different entry-level requirements and admission criteria.
- Submit all the transcripts to the following address:
- Florida State University, Office of Admissions, A2500 University Center, 282 Champions Way, Tallahassee FL 32306-2400, USA
Cost of Attendance:
Cost of Attendance implies the estimated cost on undergraduate and graduate programs in USD. Check the details below:
- Tuition Fee: 18,799 USD for 26 credits
- Living expenses: 14,004 USD
- Books and Supplies: 1000 USD
- Health Insurance: 2606 USD
- Tuition Fee: 20,043 USD for 18 credits
- Living expenses: 16,890 USD
- Books and Supplies: 1000 USD
- Health Insurance: 2606 USD
Florida State University Programs Offered:
Florida State University is a hub of courses. Interested candidates can acquire any of the desired courses. Here some of the programs are given below:
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Nursing
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Management Information Systems
- Master Media and Communication Studies
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Sociocultural & International Development Ed Studies
- Master of Public Health [M.P.H]
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] History
- Master Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Master of Laws [L.L.M] Environmental Law and Policy
- Master of Arts [M.A] Classics – Greek
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Exercise Physiology
- Master of Arts [M.A] Museum and Cultural Heritage Studies
- Master of Arts [M.A] Religion – American Religious History
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Science Teaching
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Global Club Management
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Real Estate Development
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Classics – Latin and Greek
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Greek
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Social Science, Interdisciplinary
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Retail Merchandising and Product Development
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Food & Nutrition Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Exercise Physiology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] FSU-Teach (Chemical Science)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Taxation
International Student Admissions:
Every year, the university offers admission to international students. Many students apply for graduate and undergraduate programs. There is a proviso for financial support to international students as well.
- Choose one of the five essay questions
- Self-report English Proficiency Test Scores
- Official scores of various standardized exams
- Proof of Financial support
- Personal Statement
- Letters of recommendation at least two
Documents required for submission:
- All the academic records which are not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- A course-by-course evaluation required for Non- U.S. institutes.
- International applicants attaining teaching assistants need to submit all the supporting documents prior.
- The ACT/SAT score must be uploaded electronically. The university follows ACT and SAT exam codes 0734 and 5219 respectively.
- Proof of funding
English Proficiency Test Score Accepted for International Students:
- The following test scores will be considered official when sent to the Office of Admissions by the testing agency. The scores will be valid for two years.
- Those who are applying for teaching assistantships must ably SPEAK test, which evaluates the English-speaking skills of non-native speakers of English. However, students with 26 or higher in the speaking sections of the TOEFL-iBT are considered for teaching assistantships.
- Non-English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency. The university’s acceptable English proficiency test scores are as follows:
- TOEFL-iBT: 80
- TOEFL-PBT: 550
- IELTS: 6.5
- MELAB: 77
- PTE: 55
- After admission is offered, all international applicants need F-1 or J-1 student visa in order to study at Florida State University.
- A valid passport for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in USA
- The university will grant the accepted applicants with Form I-20 for the F-1 visa and Form DS-2019 for the J-1 visa.
- Proof of financial support for one year is non-negotiable.
Steps to Obtain F-1 status:
- Apply to FSU
- Obtain Your I-20
- Pay the SEVIS Fee
- Obtain Your F-1 Visa
- Plan Travel and Housing
- Complete Online Immigration Session
- Satisfy FSU Health Compliance
- Enter the U.S.
Florida State University Admission Deadlines:
Candidates can find below the Florida State University Admission 2023 Deadline for Spring, Summer & Fall:
|Application Procedure||Admission Decision|
|Completed by December||February 2023|
|After December||March 2023|
|Final Application Deadline||March 2023|
|Priority Deadline for Admissions||December 2023|
Florida State University Contact Details:
Address: 600 W College Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32306, United States
Phone: +1 850-644-2525