Germany Student Visa Guide: In order to apply for a German visa, you must first fill out an application. If the applicant’s visa application is complete and the interview went well, the student visa process is comparatively simplified, with minimal mistakes and disruptions. Germany offers a true gem of expertise to overseas students willing to study in Germany, with a plausible cost of housing and tuition-free learning at public universities.
In Germany, the majority of foreign students, specifically 37% of foreign students, study engineering. Law, Economics, and Social Sciences are the second most popular study fields for overseas students, with 27% of students pursuing a degree in one of these disciplines.
Types of Visa for Student in Germany:
In Germany, student visas are issued for a variety of study levels and degrees. This also requires engagement in a non-academic German language course or a pre-academic measure.
Candidates can apply for one of three types of student visas in Germany:
German Student Visa:
The German Student Visa is the regular student visa for foreign students who have been accepted to one of Germany’s colleges and are ready to begin full-time university courses.
German Student Applicant Visa:
If you need to be in Germany to apply for university admission in person, you’ll need this visa. This visa is only valid for the university application process and does not allow you to study in Germany.
German Language Course Visa:
This type of visa is required for individuals who want to enroll in a three-month to a one-year German language course.
The application fee for a student visa in Germany is 75 EUR. The visa fees must be paid by bank transfer for student applicants. Checks or credit cards are not accepted. Ensure that your money order is in the name of your home country’s consulate or embassy and that it isn’t older than two months.
If your application for a student visa is turned down, you will not be compensated for the visa fee.
All required documents must be submitted with your visa application. The information and documentary evidence you provide will be used to make a choice about your application. Original copies of these records must be sent, along with two paper copies of each.
The following is a list of the documents you’ll need to apply for a German student visa:
- A properly completed application form
- Admission letter from a German university to a study programme
- Payment to the college/university receipt
- Financial proof of your ability to support your stay in Germany
- A valid national passport is required.
- Two photocopies of your passport
- Three biometric portrait photos were taken recently.
- Your birth certificate.
- A well-written cover letter explaining the reason for your visit and the length of your stay. You will be required to explain why you chose the specific university and study programme. Mention your studies and long-term plans, as well as how they will benefit your life and career.
- Travel Health Insurance
- Medical coverage- It must cover a minimum of 30,000 EUR and be valid for at least three months.
Visa Application Process:
The best time to apply for a German student visa is as soon as you receive your college letter of acceptance and have secured the funds you’ll need to live and study in Germany.
The average processing time for a German student visa is around 25 days. Make your application at least three months before you plan to move to the country. To do so, make a personal visit to the German embassy or consulate in your home country.
Furthermore, all applicants must be present physically at the German Embassy when their application is filed.
The steps to apply for the German Student Visa application are as follows:
- Check that you have all of the required documents listed above.
- Before you can go to the Application centre to submit your files for a German student visa, you must schedule an appointment. All visa applications are only acknowledged if you have scheduled an appointment in advance.
- Obtain a token and have your appointment letter validated. Please arrive on time; if you are more than 10 minutes late, the consulate may be unable to sequence your visa request.
- In most cases, the submission process takes no more than 10 minutes. Make sure you submit all of your documents to the centre after they’ve been verified.
- Verify all of the information and sign the form. You will be given a receipt after paying for the visa, which you must maintain in order to collect your packaged application.