GMAT 2024: GMAT is a computer-adaptive test to access the applicant’s analytical writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in standard written English. It stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. Students give this test to seek admission in the graduate management program such as MBA and Masters in Finance in the reputed business schools of the world. The article will explain all the details related to GMAT 2024 like the Registration process, syllabus, scorecard, etc.
Why go for GMAT Exam?
- GMAT is a widely accepted examination for providing MBA admission globally.
- As compared to other examinations, the GMAT is accepted almost by every institution. According to a study, out of 10, 9 MBA enrollments are based on the scores earned on GMAT.
- In addition to this, more than 2300 schools accept GMAT Scores for providing admission.
- More than 650 testing centers in 114 countries administer the GMAT Exam.
Though there are no strict eligibility criteria to apply for GMAT 2024, a few conditions are to be followed. Check them below:
- The applicant must have completed 18 years of age.
- If the age ranges between 13 to 17 years, they need to acquire permission in writing from their parents or the legal guardian.
- There is no official statement GMAC has not announced any official statement regarding qualifications required to appear for GMAT
- Hose who are willing to appear for MBA must have completed graduation in any discipline from some recognized university
GMAT Application Fee:
The application fee for the GMAT examination is $250 (INR 18,300) approximately. In the situation, where students want to change the test center or reschedule the test then an extra amount will be charged.
Here are the details about the exam cancellation fee:
- If you do not want to appear in the test and want to cancel the exam 1 to 14 days before the test date, then $200 and $50 will be refunded.
- While if you cancel the exam 15 to 60 days before the appointment then $175 and $75 will be refunded.
- And if you cancel the test more than 60 days before the appointment then you will be charged $150 and will receive $100.
- Moreover, the test appointment can’t be canceled or modified within a day of the scheduled test and time.
Check the exam rescheduling fee below:
- If you reschedule the exam 1 to 14 days before the test date, you have to pay US$150.
- Also, if you reschedule the exam 15 to 60 days before the appointment then you have to pay US$100.
- If you reschedule the exam more than 60 days before the test date then pay US$50.
GMAT Registration Process:
You can register for the GMAT 6 months before the commencement of the test. Also, you register latest by 24 hours before the GMAT exam date. However, sometimes the slot is unavailable so register before.
How to Register?
You can register via any of the below-given modes:
- Postal mail
Online Method: Steps to register for GMAT 2024:
- Step 1: First of all, visit the official GMAT website, mba.com
- Step 2: Once you visit the website, create your account.
- Step 3: Add personal and academic details.
- Step 4: Verify and submit your details.
- Step 5: Schedule your examination and select the test center.
- Step 6: Select the preferred date and time slot.
- Step 7: Submit the Registration fee online using a debit/credit card.
- Step 8: The fee submission will lead to the final GMAT Registration.
Via Phone: You can register via phone also by calling the GMAT Customer Service of the respective region. Candidates need to submit a US $10 surcharge for scheduling the examination by phone.
Postal Mail: You can also pay via cheque to schedule the GMAT exam.
Check the GMAT Exam pattern. It is consisted of four sections:
- Analytical Writing – 30 minutes duration – 1 Topic (Essay)
- Integrated Reasoning – 30 minutes duration -12 questions
- Quantitative – 62 minutes – 31 questions
- Verbal – 65 minutes – 36 questions
GMAT Syllabus 2024:
Candidates will get three and a half hours to complete the GMAT. Check the section-wise syllabus to prepare for the examination:
- Analytical Writing Assessment: Argument essay and Issue essay
- Integrated Reasoning: Table Analysis, Two-Part Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning, and Graphics Interpretation
- Quantitative Reasoning: Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency, Geometry, Elementary Algebra, Arithmetic, Ratio Proportions, Properties of Integers, Permutation and combinations, Exponents and roots, Linear equations, etc.
- Verbal Reasoning: Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Critical reasoning, Rhetorical construction of the sentences, Sentence correction related to finding error or omission, Reading unseen passages, Subject-verb agreement, Misplace modifiers, Countable Vs Uncountable, and Parallelism
GMAT 2024 Scores:
Candidates will receive a GMAT score report after completing the GMAT test. Candidates have the freedom to accept or reject the scores. If accepting, then the candidate and the institutes of choice can view the result; however, if the candidate declines the result then none of the parties can view the result of GMAT. After the exam gets over, candidates can download the non-official GMAT result. And finally, applicants will receive the GMAT Score Report within 20 days of giving the test including the AWA Score.
Colleges Accepting GMAT Score:
GMAT scores are accepted around 2200 business schools in the world. Here is the list of top Business schools and GMAT scores accepted:
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) – 732
- Stanford University (CA) – 732
- Yale University (CT) – 724
- Harvard University (MA) – 730
- Columbia University (NY) – 732
- University of California—Berkeley (Haas) – 726
- University of Chicago (Booth) – 731
- Northwestern University (Kellogg) (IL) – 732
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan) – 728
- Dartmouth College (Tuck) (NH) – 722
There are several prominent states of India where the GMAT examination commences every year. Check the state and venue below:
- Delhi: EduPro, Pearson Professional Centers
- Haryana: Ansal University
- Punjab: Thapar University, Winsoft Computer Centre
- Uttar Pradesh: Pearson Professional Centers, UPTEC Computer Consultancy Limited
- Rajasthan: Sakar Edutech Private Limited
- Gujarat: A1 Professional Assessment Center, H L Centre for Professional Education
- Andhra Pradesh: KL University, Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering
- Madhya Pradesh: Sarva Mangla Maa Samiti – Inspire Me
- Jharkhand: Infinity Academy
- Maharashtra: Unisoft Technologies, Pearson Professional Centers, Think Education Advisory Services LLP, GATS
- Bihar: Gencor Learning Solutions Private Limited
- West Bengal: Agile Technologies And Solutions
- Odisha: KIIT University
- Assam: Assam Don Bosco University
- Telangana: Pearson Professional Centers, Edu-Kinect
- Kerala: Indra Institute of Education, Rajagiri College Of Social Sciences
- Tamil Nadu: Vellore Institute of Technology, Pearson Professional Centers, Indra Institute Of Education, National Institute Of Technology (NIT)
- Karnataka: Dr. T M A Pai Polytechnic, Manipal Campus, Pearson Professional Centers-Bangalore, Think Education Advisory Services LLP.