IELTS Exam Dates 2023: IELTS is an English language examination. It has to be taken by the international candidates who are willing to work or study in a country where the English language is used as the main language of communication. The well-known countries where the IELTS test is accepted are Australia, UK, New Zealand, the USA, and Canada. The exam aims at testing the English language skills such as listening, reading, speaking, and writing. IELTS examination is a joint venture owned and conducted by IDP Education Australia, British Council, and Cambridge English Language Assessment. The IELTS scores are accepted all over the world and in thousands of institutions in the world where English is the primary language.
Types of IELTS:
There are two types of IELTS and both of them are explained below:
- IELTS Academic Test: This test is taken by the candidates applying for higher education or professional registration in a foreign land.
- IELTS General Test: This test is taken by those who want to move to the countries where English is spoken such as Canada, Australia, and the UK. The test is also taken by those who are willing to acquire training programs or secondary education or for work experience in the country where English is spoken.
IELTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
As such no eligibility criteria to appear for IELTS but certain points need to keep in mind. Here are the details:
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of the language to pursue their higher studies successfully.
- IELTS judge the candidate’s command over English on four parameters – Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
- The minimum age to take IELTS is 16 years.
IELTS Exam Test Centers:
India has so many IELTS test centers. To appear for the IELTS examination, you must book the test center and talk to the organization’s authority for the exam to be commenced. Here is the list of the test centers:
- Punjab: Moga, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Patiala, Bathinda, Ludhiana
- Gujarat: Anand, Vadodara, Rajkot
- Rajasthan: Jaipur
- Andhra Pradesh: Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
- Raipur: Chhattisgarh
- Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal
- Uttar Pradesh: Lucknow
- Uttarakhand: Rudrapur
- West Bengal: Siliguri
- Assam: Guwahati
- Odisha: Bhubaneswar
- Jharkhand: Ranchi
- Bihar: Patna
- Karnataka: Mangaluru
- Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Kochi, Kottayam
- Tamil Nadu: Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai
IELTS Registration 2023:
The IELTS test is commenced 48 times a year. Before you give the exam, you should know all about the Registration. The registration is done via various modes such as:
Steps to register:
- Step 1: First, go to the official IELTS website.
- Step 2: Then go to the ‘Register for Test’ option.
- Step 3: Now, choose the preferred test, Test type, and available Test Date in the city.
- Step 4: Enter your personal information
- Step 5: Now, give your registration details.
- Step 6: After entering the personal and registration details, upload the copies of your Passport.
- Step 7: Choose the list of colleges where you want to send the Score Report
- Step 8: Now, review your details before making the final payment.
- Step 9: Submit the fee.
- Step 10: After submitting the fee, take print of the acknowledgment receipt.
Other Ways to Register:
- Online: Go to the British Council IELTS registration page and then create an online profile. Pay the exam fee Rs. 14,000. Online registration on the British Council IELTS India website is an easy and fast method to register. This online method will allow you to register anytime and any day. You can submit the fee via modes such as credit/debit card.
- In-person: You can register personally at the British Council office or an IDP India office. Download the online form or fill in a paper application at the office. Pay the amount via various modes such as credit card/debit card, demand draft, or ICICI bank deposit slip. You will receive the confirmation of the reservation.
IELTS Exam Dates 2023:
IELTS Exam Dates in January 2023:
|Test Dates||Test Type|
|January 2023||Academic and General Training|
|January 2023||Academic Only|
The IELTS examination consisted of four different sections – Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The candidates will be tested on these four parameters. It is suggested that candidates should check the requirement of the college/university they are applying to and then prepare in that way. Here is the exam pattern of IELTS:
- The listening section consisted of recorded monologues and conversations. The candidate will get 30 minutes to complete 40 questions in this section.
- Reading Section is for an hour. It comprises three long reading passages with tasks. It includes the text range from descriptive and factual to discursive, and analytical including non-verbal material like diagrams, graphs, and illustrations texts are authentic (taken from books, journals, and newspapers). The candidate has to complete 40 questions in this section.
- Writing Section is for an hour in which the candidate must summarize, describe or explain a table, graph, chart, or diagram, and another short essay task in around 250 words.
- Speaking Section is for 11-14 minutes where candidates will appear for an interview. Candidates will be asked short questions, speaking at length on a familiar topic, and a structured discussion
The exam result will be announced after 13 days of examination. The result will be issued in the test report forum and you will get one TRF. The TRF consisted of your scores in all four sections – reading, listening, writing, and speaking, along with the band.