Kean University 2022: Kean University is a reputed public university established in the year 1855. It was the first public post-secondary university situated in New Jersey. With the campus setting as urban, the campus of the university is spread on 240 acres. The university provides admission to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. Kean University considers the semester system as an academic calendar. The University also provides a wide range of student clubs and activities along with high-quality education.
Kean University 2022 Admission Highlights:
- Type of University: Public University
- Year of Establishment: 1855
- Student-Faculty Ratio -17:1
- Residence Facility: Yes
Kean University Programs & Colleges:
The Kean University offers more than 50 graduate degree programs and 60 plus masters, doctoral and certificate programs. In addition to this, the university also offers 8 online programs as well. The colleges included in Kean University are as follows:
- College of Business & Public Management
- College of Education
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural Applied and Health Science
- Michael Graves College
In all the above mentioned colleges, education is imparted in different fields.
Kean University 2022 Application Process:
To seek the seat at Kean University requires an acceptance rate of at least 85%. Aspirants looking forward to acquiring admission to Kean University needs to check the admission process given below:
Candidates will submit an online application form and application fee of USD 75
Admission Prerequisites: Given below are some of the documents required for admission in the desirable course:
- Official high school transcripts- A GPA of 3.0 or more
- A degree of graduation or equivalent for Graduate Programs
- SAT/ACT test scores (optional)
- Two letters of recommendation
- 1-2 pages of personal essay
- Resume of school and curricular activities.
Note: SAT/ACT test scores are optional for candidates who have a 3.0 GPA or more and have finished all 16 college preparatory courses. Aspirants seeking admission via SAT test-optional category need to appear for the university examination to be eligible for admission.
However, international candidates are required to submit supplementary documents for the acceptance of their application.
Prerequisites for International Applicants:
- An evaluated mark sheet and high school transcripts from an organization affiliated with NACES.
- SAT/ACT scores are compulsory
- English proficiency test scores: TOEFL (PBT)-550, TOEFL (IBT)-79, IELTS-6.0, Duolingo- 100
Note: The English proficiency scores are not required for the applicants who have submitted documents to support that they have completed their secondary level education with English as the main medium of instruction.
Cost of Attendance:
Check below the cost of attendance of students seeking admission in Kean University:
- Tuition Fee: 19,771 USD
- Room & Board: 14,802 USD
- Books & Supplies: 1,000 USD
- Transportation: 528 USD
- Personal & Other Expenses: 1,753 USD
Some of the programs offered at Kean University are as follows:
- Executive Master of Business Administration [E.M.B.A]
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Mathematical Sciences
- Master of Arts (M.A) Counseling – Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling
- Master of Arts (M.A) Counseling – Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts (M.A) Counseling – College Counseling and Student Services
- Master of Arts (M.A) Counseling – School Counseling
- Master of Arts (M.A) Early Childhood Education – Administration in Early Childhood and Family Studies
- Health Services Administration
- Master of Public Administration [M.P.A] Health Services Administration
- Master of Arts (M.A) Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts (M.A) Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Biology
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] English
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Fine Arts
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Communication – Film Option
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Communication
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Recreation Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Sociology
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Occupational Therapy
- Master of Arts (M.A) English – Writing Studies
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Earth Science – Geology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Sustainability Studies
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Theatre
- Bachelor Theatre Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Communication – Public Relations Option
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Spanish
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Earth Science – Geo-Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) History
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) Public Administration
- Master of Arts (M.A) Speech-Language Pathology
Kean University 2022 Admission Details:
The admission to Kean University has several key points such as:
- Kean University admits interested students in Fall and Spring season
- The university follows the online admission process via Kean Online Application Portal.
- Submit the required documents online and at times, the university asks to email the additional documents depending on the category selected for admission.
- The deadline for the Fall Term is March-end
- The rolling admission policy is followed
- As an admission requirement, the university feels the requirement for SAT/ACT scores, scholarship, placement text exemption, and program qualification.
- It is mandatory to submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, employers, and coaches.
- Submit a personal essay describing educational and professional goals.
- Financial aid is provided to international students and merit-based grants/scholarships are auto-credited according to student’s academic performance.
- On-campus jobs are available to arrange the expenses.
Kean University accepts the applications of international students on the basis of the scores attained in secondary classes; prior academic records, scores attained in international standardized tests, and verified monetary support for the desired course and living expenses.
Students are requested to know the admission details via the online application portal. Students are required to create an account and login with the correct credentials.
Admission Prerequisites for International Students:
An international applicant required to meet the given below eligibility requirements to seek admission in Kean University:
- A fully filled online application form
- An official /certified High school and college transcripts (in original and English language)
- ACT/SAT official score report sent to the Kean University.
- A Confidential Statement exhibiting the funds to fulfill the tuition and living expenses.
- Submit Statement of Purpose and Letters of Recommendation
The international application process and application process of permanent residents of USA is almost the same except a little alteration.
- English Proficiency requirements such as TOEFL/IELTS scores, those who do not have English as the native language
- An Affidavit of Support
- Certified copies of all the academic records, evaluations of transcripts from an international secondary school where grading system is used from the U.S. system comprising translations. Make sure that evaluations must be by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies.
- Add a copy of the passport photo
- International students also required to submit the International Student Supplement I-20 Application to the Office of International Student Services
English proficiency test requirements:
It is mandatory for international students to show the scores of IELTS or TOEFL to check the proficiency in English language.
Check the minimum score requirement for undergraduate aspirants:
- TOEFL- IBT: 79
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL- PBT: 550
Check the minimum score requirement for graduate aspirants:
- TOEFL- IBT: 79
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL- PBT: 550
The students planning to study at Kean University must apply for Visa in USA after the application letter is issued. Students can apply for F type VISA after admission is offered at Kean University. Shortlisted Candidates will be issued with I-20 which will be emailed after the application process gets over.
Documents required to apply for F type VISA:
- A valid passport.
- A filled Visa Application. (Form DS-160)
- A non-refundable fee receipt of 160 USD
- Signed original I-20
- Photograph according to the regulations.
- Transcripts of academic and U.S. standardized tests.
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of medical insurance/verification
After submitting fully filled I-20 form SEVIS fees, applicants can schedule their appointment with the US embassy.
Kean University 2022 Undergraduate Admissions:
There are above 40 Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, Arts, Architectural Studies, Economics, English, Information Technology, Languages, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Music, History, Physical Sciences, Psychology, & Theatre. Apply for the undergraduate program through the online admission portal and by submitting 75 USD as an application fee.
Admission Pre requisites:
Following are the documents required for admission to under graduate programs:
- Certified transcripts of previously attained school
- Transcripts of ACT/SAT (CEBB: 2571)
- English Proficiency Test Requirements (IELTS / TOEFL)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) according to the program
- Permission Release Form
- Confidential financial statement for tuition and living expenses.
Kean University 2022 Graduate Admissions:
Maximum 60 graduate degrees in Accounting, Administration, Architecture, Biotechnology, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Mathematics, Nursing, Psychology, and Therapy are offered for graduate admission. Those who are applying must have a GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate or graduate study.
- Submit the application fee 75 USD to apply.
- Transcripts are required as documents to be considered for admission.
- GMAT/GRE scores, personal statement, work experience are recommended
- English Proficiency test scores are required TOEFL/IELTS
- Interview may be requested
- Graduate Applicants can send their official transcripts via email to the Kean University after evaluation.
Kean University Address & Contact Number:
Kean University, Office of Admissions,
1000 Morris Ave, Union, NJ 07083, United States
Phone: +1 908-737-5326
Email: [email protected]