Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Australia: Masters in Mechanical Engineering are offered in various countries including Australia. This course is offered in more than 18 institutes of Australia. It is available in various programs such as Masters in Engineering (MEng), Masters in Engineering Science (MES), Masters in Philosophy (MPhil), and Masters in Professional Engineering (MPE) with mechanical as specialization. The course duration varies from two to three years depending on the type of degree selected. The duration of masters in mechanical engineering from an Australian university is usually two or three years, depending on the type of degree selected.
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent degree is needed for admission to Mechanical Engineering in Australia. Interested applicants are required to must have attained at least an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalents for seeking admission to the top universities located in Australia. The Annual Tuition fees offered at Australian universities range between 18,000 AUD to 48,000 AUD.
Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Australia:
List of Top Universities Offering Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Australia along with the Course Fee:
Here is the list of universities located in Australia offering a master in mechanical engineering:
- University of New South Wales: 98,000 for 2 years duration
- University of Wollongong: 75,072 for 2 years
- University of Queensland: 90,240 for 2 years
- University of Adelaide: 84,000 for the duration of 2 years
- University of Melbourne: 141,030 for 3 years duration
- Monash University: 92,000 for 2 years duration
- University of Sydney: 69, 000 for the duration of 1.5 years
- Edith Cowan University: 61,400 for 2 years
- Curtin University: 72,600 for 2 years
- University of Newcastle: 119,475 for 3 years
Benefits of studying Master:
What are the benefits of studying Master in Mechanical Engineering in Australia?
Here are some of the reasons for seeking a Master’s in Mechanical Engineering from Australia:
- As per the Australian Engineering Vacancies report, Australia offers more than 4000 engineering jobs across the country.
- The salary of mechanical engineering in Australia may increase by 120% after seeking 10 years of experience in this field.
- Those who have completed graduation will get an average salary of about 68,700 AUD annually whereas a student with a master’s degree may earn 110,000 AUD, which is 60% more than of a bachelor’s degree holder.
Expected Salary of Mechanical Engineers in Australia:
Engineering teaches all about the implementation and development of machines in infrastructure, mining, automotive, and much more while attaining a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. The course structure consisted of advanced CAE, advanced dynamics, advanced controls, advanced solid mechanics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, entrepreneurship for engineers, sustainable design and management, safety systems and risk analysis, advanced control, and optimization, advanced computational Engineering, etc.
Where to Apply for Admission?
Those who are willing to apply for Master’s degree may apply through the official website of the specific university. There are some universities offering application portals whereas others offer application forms for applying. Admission is offered in January/February and even in July in most universities.
Check the list of documents required for applying in Mechanical Engineering in Australia:
- Official transcripts of the previous education
- English translation of non-English transcripts
- Updated resume
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Proof of English language proficiency by submitting the scores of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE.
Check the eligibility conditions to seek admission in Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Australia. Find the details below:
- University of New South Wales: 70% average in Bachelor’s is a minimum requirement. The scores in IELTS: 6.5 and TOEFL (iBT): 90
- The University of Melbourne: 65% average scores in Bachelor’s. The scores in IELTS should be 6.5 and TOEFL (iBT) should be 79
- Monash University: 65% average required in bachelor. The scores in IELTS should be 6.5 and TOEFL should be 79
- University of Sydney: To seek admission, the applicant must have attained at least 65% average. Besides this, in IELTS, the applicant must have scored 6.5 and in TOEFL (iBT) 85
- University of Wollongong: To attain admission in the University of Wollongong, the average percentage of the applicant should be 60% average. Scores in IELTS should be 6.5 and TOEFL 86