MBA in Malaysia 2022: MBA is a well-known program these days. Many countries are offering this course including Malaysia. The wide number of reputed Malaysian universities has become an attraction amongst students all over the world. The cost incurred in the MBA course is affordable here, which is also one of the reasons for choosing destination Malaysia to acquire the MBA course. Here are crucial details about MBA in Malaysia 2022:
List of Top MBA Colleges in Malaysia:
- University of Malaya
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- UCSI University
- Taylor’s University
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- INTI International University and Colleges
Why Malaysia for MBA?
It is not one, two, or three reasons for selecting Malaysia for seeking the MBA course.
Cost-Effective: You can take up an MBA course at an affordable cost. The overall tuition fee for MBA is easy to manage. The entire tuition fee is approximately 17,968 – 79,868 RM
- Proviso for MBA from Overseas universities in Malaysia: There are several overseas Universities from the UK, Australia, and the USA having a campus located in Malaysia. This will help you to earn a prestigious foreign degree at a low cost. For instance – the MBA course offered by the University of Nottingham in the UK is 1,36,144 RM but you will get the same degree at the University of Nottingham Malaysia for only 53,122 RM.
- GMAT Score Requirement: Several overseas universities in Malaysia do not require GMAT scores for pursuing an MBA course. The admission is based on the academic ability of the candidate, the level of experience, and the commitment.
- Opportunity to Work in Malaysia during studies: Though education is not difficult to manage in Malaysia, still if international students wish to work they can take up part-time jobs for 20 hours a week. This way, they can earn up to $ 200-500 per month.
- Low Living Cost: Students will be able to get food, clothing, and housing in the economic range. Malaysia is an excellent destination to study abroad.
- Intakes: In all, there are three intakes in Malaysia- January, March, and September.
- Job Opportunity: Malaysian economy is dependent on tourism, textiles, sugar, and financial services. In recent years, information and communication technology, seafood, hospitality, and property development, healthcare, renewable energy, and education and training altogether emerged as important sectors, attracting investment from both local and foreign investors. Such industries offer several jobs to students.
MBA in Malaysia from Overseas University:
If you want to seek an MBA course from overseas universities such as the UK, US, etc from Malaysia then you can do so. Here is the list of universities with such options:
- Malaysia Campus
- Nottingham University Business School Malaysia
- School of Business, Monash University Malaysia
- Swinburne University of Technology, Australia – Malaysia Campus
- The University of Strathclyde, UK – Malaysia Campus
It is important to check the eligibility criteria to acquire an MBA program in Malaysia. Here are the details:
- To apply to the University of Malaya, the student must have acquired a minimum of 3 CGPA out of 4 in a UG degree. TOEFL iBT scores should be 80 and IELTS 6.
- If you are interested to apply to Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, the Minimum 3 CGPA and above out of 4 should be in UG degree. As far as scores in TOEFL iBT and IELTS is concerned, they should be 79 and 6 respectively
- For admission to Universiti Sains Malaysia, the candidate must have attained a Minimum 2.75 CGPA out of 4 in the UG degree. The language scores should be 50 (TOEFL iBT) and 5(IELTS)
- To apply in UCSI University, the Minimum score should be 2.5 CGPA out of 4 in UG. The language scores should be TOEFL iBT (79) and IELTS (6)
- In order to apply for Taylor’s University, the minimum score should be 3 CGPA out of 4. Minimum English language scores should be TOEFL iBT – 80 and IELTS – 6
- To apply for Universiti Putra Malaysia, a UG degree should be at least 3 CGPA out of 4. English language scores should be TOEFL iBT 79 and IELTS 6
- If you are interested to apply for Universiti Malaysia Pahang, the Minimum score in UG should be 2.5 CGPA out of 4. English language scores should be TOEFL iBT 61 and IELTS 5
- To apply for Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, the Minimum undergraduate scores should be 2.7 CGPA out of 4. English language scores should be TOEFL iBT 79 and IELTS 6.5
- To opt for Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, you must have done a bachelor’s in the relevant field. In addition to this, English language scores should be TOEFL iBT: 79 and IELTS: 6. Kindly note that Indian applicants are exempted from providing the English language scores
- If you want to do MBA from INTI International University and Colleges then you must acquire 63% or 2.5 CGPA in Bachelors. Along with this, the English language scores in IELTS should be 6.5
Work Experience Requirement:
Work experience is an important need in most of the universities. If a candidate fails to meet the minimum work requirement then they need to acquire work experience in the desired field.
- University of Malaysia: 3 Years
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia: No work experience for CGPA above 3, Minimum 2 years needed for less than 3
- Universiti Sains Malaysia: 1 year for CGPA less than 3.5. There is hardly any need of experience for CGPA 3.5
- UCSI University: 5 Years (required if CGPA is less than 2.5)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia: 5 Years
- Taylor’s University: 1 year or more
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang: 5 Years desirable
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan: 1 Year or more than one year
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia: 2 Years
- INTI International University and Colleges: 2 Years
Documents Required for Admission:
here is the list of documents required for admission to study MBA in Malaysia 2022
- Attested copies of all certificates X, XII & Graduate Degree
- Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits).
- The final year or final semester mark sheet
- A transcript is a consolidated mark sheet available from your College
- Transcript from your degree college needed by some universities.
English Test Score:
Recommendation Letters (LORs):
- Minimum 2 Academic References needed by the Institute
- You can acquire them from your employer/teacher from school/college.
- LORs must be on the letterheaded paper of your company or Institution
- 2 Passport sized photographs
Statement of Purpose (SOP):
- An SOP is a 1.5 2 pages essay comprised of details in the previous academic journey. You can need to mention why you have selected the specific University, why you are interested in doing MBA in Malaysia, write about your career goals,
- Submit SOP in a Word document.
- At least one-page resume highlighting your work experience, educational qualifications, interests, additional courses, or activities done by you. Submit this in the Word format
MBA in Malaysia 2022 Application Fee:
- Draft for the application fee, if applicable
Extra-curricular Activities’ Certificates:
- Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities (if available)
Cost Incurred in MBA:
MBA in Malaysia is a provision from public and private universities in Malaysia. Here is the annual fee in RM:
- Public Universities : 17,743 to 23,637
- Private Universities : 24, 816 to 35,445
Here is the list of tuition fee from universities offering MBA course in Malaysia for Indian students:
- University of Malaysia: 5.2 Lakhs
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia: 7.3 Lakhs
- Universiti Sains Malaysia: 7.1 Lakhs
- UCSI University: 8.9 Lakhs
- Universiti Putra Malaysia: 6.6 Lakhs
- Taylor’s University: 5.5 Lakhs
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang: 4.9 Lakhs
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan: 6.3 Lakhs
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia: 4.7 Lakhs
- INTI International University and Colleges: 7.5 Lakhs
Cost of Living:
The monthly expenses for International students in RM mentioned below:
- Utilities: 200
- Groceries: 300
- Eating out: 250
- Transportation: 300
- Personal expenses: 250
- Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in a central location: 2000