MBA in New Zealand 2023: New Zealand is known for its beauty all over the world. Besides scenic beauty, the county is also famous for its systematic education. The education of New Zealand is regulated by the government of New Zealand and proffers a strong quality assurance system. International students would like to acquire education from the country as several programmes are available including MBA. Find out everything about MBA Programs in New Zealand 2023 such as the application process, eligibility criteria, Frequently Asked Questions and many more through this article.
Why MBA in New Zealand?
MBA is one of the recognized degrees all over the world. It is the favorite programmes amongst youth. It leads to providing jobs in several corporate industries. Applicants who possessed an MBA degree from the recognized university will get several options further. By pursuing the degree in MBA one easily attains managerial jobs and interprets the latest business trends. The country offers various universities accreditated by EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA whereas Otago Business School is accredited by EQUIS and AACSB. New Zealand offers hundreds of MBA courses in various kinds of institutions for attaining higher education.
Students can opt from an MBA degree in general management or specialized MBA Programmes such as healthcare management, consulting, and logistics.
Top MBA Universities in New Zealand:
Check the list of MBA universities in New Zealand, their eligibility criteria fees, etc below:
- Eastern Institute of Technology: It offers a Master of Applied Management cousre. To apply for the course, it is necessary to submit the relevant scores in IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The course duration will be 1.5 years and fee for a year would be 11.4 Lakhs
- Massey University (Massey) – can seek admission in MBA through this university. To apply for admission, the applicant must have attained the relevant scores in IELTS | TOEFL. It is a one-year course and the candidate needs to pay INR 25.3 Lakhs for the entire course.
- Victoria University of Wellington: It offers a Master of Business Administration (Executive) and the eligibility to apply for the course will be scores attained in GMAT | IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The fees for first year would be INR 21 Lakhs and the entire course duration will be 1.5 months.
- Auckland Institute of Studies: Candidate can do a Master of Business Administration from this university. To apply for the course, the applicant must have attained relevant scores in IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The course duration will be 18 months. Applicant must have acquired at least 16.5 Lakhs for the First year.
- Otago Polytechnic: It proffers a Master of Applied Management. Applicants need to apply for the course via IELTS scores. The entire course fee is18.9 Lakhs for First Year and the course duration will be 18 months.
- Whitireia New Zealand: It offers a Master of Management and to apply for the course, the applicant needs to submit IELTS scores. The fees for First Year will be 16.4 Lakhs and the course duration will be 18 months
- University of Auckland: The University proffers a Master of International Business Course and the applicant must have attained relevant scores in IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The fees for the first year would be 25.6 Lakhs for First Year. The course duration will be 15 months.
- University of Otago: It proffers Full-Time MBA and to do the course, the applicant must have acquired relevant scores in GMAT | IELTS | TOEFL | and PTE. The course duration will be 15-24 Months. After selection, the applicant needs to pay 31.3 Lakhs for First Year
- University of Canterbury: This University also offers a Master of Business Administration. The admission is provided on the basis of scores attained in IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The course duration will be 16 months and the fees for the first year would be 26 Lakhs for First Year
- Unitec Institute of Technology: This Business School in New Zealand, offers a Master of Applied Business and to apply for this course, the applicant needs to pay the scores in IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The course duration will be 13 Lakhs for First Year. The entire duration is 2 years.
- AUT University: The university offers an MBA course and to apply for the course, the applicant must have attained the relevant scores in GMAT | IELTS | TOEFL | PTE. The entire course duration will be 1-1.5 Years and the fees for the first year would be INR 28.2 Lakhs
Eligibility Conditions for MBA:
Check the eligibility criteria for doing MBA in New Zealand:
- Applicants must be possessed with 3 to 4 years of work experience in their respective field of study
- Non-native and International students need to submit the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores.
- International students need to submit the GMAT or GRE scores, depending on the university and course opted for
- The MBA Programme depends on the university and course opted for.
Documents Required for Admission:
Here is the list of documents required for admission:
- Letters of Recommendation and Resume
- Statement of Purpose/Essays directed by the university
- Loan documents
- A relevant passport
- Completed application form with latest passport size photographs
- Original and authentic transcripts of schools and/or college
- Financial documents
- Scholarship Essay (if applicable)
- Other supporting documents as university asked for
Process to Apply for MBA in New Zealand:
If you are planning to apply for MBA in New Zealand then follow the below-mentioned application procedure:
- Most universities in New Zealand allow applicants to apply online mode via the official website.
- Download the application form and fill in all the details in it carefully.
- Submit the duly filled application form along with a complete set of documents.
- As soon as applicants submit the application form along with the required documents will pay the Application Fee.
- Depending on the university, applicants will call the applicants for an interview or any other through any other mode of communication.
- International students need to apply for Student Visa to study in New Zealand
Cost of Studying:
The education system in New Zealand is flexible. The cost of tuition is different from one university to other. The approximate cost of studying MBA in New Zealand would be around $26,000 to $37,000
Scholarships and Financial Aids:
To make education possible in New Zealand, students seek an opportunity to acquire scholarships and financial aid. All the financial help would be provided by educational institutions, foreign governments, and private funding sources.
Here is the list of top scholarship providers:
- Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship: It is awarded by Zonta International Foundation for Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Programmes in New Zealand. The total value of this scholarship is USD 7,000.
- Richard A. Freund International Scholarship (PG) – It is awarded by the American Society for Quality and is applicable to Master’s Degree Programmes for the universities in New Zealand. The total value of the scholarship would be USD 5,000.
- The VueVille Future Technology Scholarship: It is awarded by The VueVille Future Technology to support college seniors and undergraduate and postgraduate students. This scholarship is meant for one student and the total value of the scholarship would be USD 1,000.
- TOEFL Scholarship Program in India (Masters) – It is awarded by Educational Testing Service and is applicable for all students applying for a Master’s Degree, Master’s Diploma, and Master’s Certificate in New Zealand. This scholarship is awarded to 15 students for one academic year and the total value of the scholarship is USD 7,000.
- QS Scholarship For Academic Excellence: It is awarded by Quacquarelli Symonds to attendees of the QS World Grad School Tour. It is awarded to one student every year and the total value costs USD 10,000.