MBA in USA 2024: After completing graduation or attaining a Bachelor’s degree, students look forward to pursuing higher studies. Many courses are available for seeking higher studies including MBA. It is a great opportunity to build a career. As a hub for entrepreneurs, the USA comes in the top list and thus MBA aspirants may seek admission in the USA universities. Find details about MBA in USA 2024 such as eligibility criteria, application process and other details given in this article.
Why Do MBA in the USA?
The inclination to achieve MBA from the USA is all because of the below-mentioned reasons:
- USA comprises of top business schools where MBA course is provided to the aspirants.
- USA offers state of the art facilities in several colleges and universities which is why the country has become famous for world-class education system and excellent career opportunities.
- The country offers a vast range of MBA specialization
- Every year, more than 1 million international students visit the USA with the motive to attain best-in-class education.
- The United States of America gives more than 1, 35,000 MBA graduates every year
Factors Lead to Study MBA in the US:
Here are the leading factors that tend you to seek MBA from the USA:
- Excellent quality education with industry experience
- Internships and training programs for students
- Higher chances of getting a good/dream job
- Gives a multicultural environment
- Train students to become an entrepreneur
- Good environment to seek experience
- Add Value to the Profile
- Bring progress to the career
- Best for Self-growth
MBA in USA 2024 Application Process:
It is suggested to first make some research about the courses offered and what you want to pursue. The USA proffers a large number of business courses so one should be clear in which area one has to pursue the career. You may send the inquiries to the colleges/universities 12 to 18 months prior to admission.
Once you have selected the B-school from where you want to seek MBA, check whether you are meeting the cut-off or not. Do the following tasks:
- Fill the application form
- Submit the application fee
- Work on the relevant documents such as SOP/Essay, LORs
- Submit the application form before the deadline
- Download the application form from the university’s website.
- Start filling the application forms using online mode and request for the application material. Make sure to keep a copy of the filled application with you for further requirements.
- Candidate need to appear in GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test to take admission in MBA from the USA.
GMAT Scores required at the US Universities:
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) – 732
- Stanford University (CA) – 733
- Yale University (CT) – 721
- Harvard University (MA) – 727
- Columbia University (NY) – 732
- University of California—Berkeley (Haas) – 727
- University of Chicago (Booth) – 724
- Northwestern University (Kellogg) (IL) – 728
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan) – 724
- Dartmouth College (Tuck) (NH) – 720
Note: TOEFL or Test of English as Foreign Language accepted at American universities. The aim of the test is to understand the applicant’s knowledge of North American English.
Most of the institutes in the USA require the candidate to must have completed graduation after 10+2. Apart from that, there are other eligibility conditions required for doing MBA:
- Candidates must have completed 4 years of Bachelor’s degree
- GMAT scores should be above 600
- Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Most of universities prefer two-three years’ work experience
- Although universities also provide admission to candidates without work experience. However, candidates with work experience are preferred.
International candidates also require VISA to visit the country. Check the list of documents required for a student visa:
- A valid passport and previously issued passports
- A latest passport size photo with a white background (dimensions 50mm x 50mm)
- DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- HDFC visa application fee receipts
- VFS appointment letter
- SEVIS receipt and I-120
Scholarships for MBA:
It is not possible for everyone to arrange funds for studying MBA in the USA. Most of the universities located in the USA do not require tuition fee and therefore students look for scholarship facilities to seek funds for their education. Many government organizations, and a few universities offer financial assistance to international students. Some of the scholarships are as follows:
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship
- JN Tata Endowment for higher education of Indians
- Columbia Business School – The Board of Overseers China & India Fellowships
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton – Emerging Economy Fellowships
- Chicago Booth – The India Trust Fellowship
- Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
- Harvard University- Need-Based Fellowships
Find the list of MBA specializations below:
- Operations Management
- Information Systems/Information Technology