MBBS in Canada 2022: Canada is the preferred country for providing ace education to students all over the world. It is one of the most sought places for facilitating the MBBS program and many more. The country comprises the best universities and colleges. According to a calculation, Canada has above 60 reputed institutes having MBBS program. There is no proviso for Undergraduate courses in Canada and MBBS program is for the duration of 3 to 5 years. Here are more details about MBBS in Canada 2022:
MBBS for Indian Students:
Many Indian students are willing to acquire admission to Canadian colleges for achieving the MBBS program. Students look for pursuing an MBBS course after completing their Bachelor’s degree to study in Canada.
Indian students have a preference for Canada due to less competition, cost-effectiveness, and decent accommodation. The high teaching quality and amazing infrastructure attract students to study in Canada.
Why MBBS from Canada?
There are many reasons for choosing Canadian Universities to do MBBS. Check them underneath:
- MBBS from Canada is recognized globally.
- It has a great reputation around the world.
- The course is less competitive.
- High infrastructure and ace teaching quality
- Students with Bachelor’s degree can acquire MBBS
- TOEFL and IELTS scores should be 90 on 100 for Indian students.
Top Universities in Canada Offering MBBS Program:
Before you plan for seeking an MBBS course from Canada, it is crucial to check out the list of Universities offering this course:
- University of Toronto: The top name in the category of top university offering MBBS program is none other than the University of Toronto. It was founded in 1827 and more than 80% of its understudies learn at the undergraduate level. The three grounds – Mississauga, St. George, and Scarborough are around Toronto.
- McMaster University: This is another known university providing MBBS. It came into being in 1887. The university is preferred by more than 75 nations of the world. However, education cost is a bit higher than non-Canadian understudies. The accommodation facility includes themed living networks, for instance, an all-female network, a dynamic living network, and a worldwide viewpoints network.
- University of British Columbia: The University of British Columbia is a public university located in the Canadian region of British Columbia. It was founded in 1908. It offers primary grounds – the Vancouver grounds and the Okanagan grounds located in Kelowna.
- McGill University: Another public organization offering an MBBS course is at McGill University. This is an old educational institution that came into being in 1821. The university is exactly situated in Quebec, Canada. The two grounds of the college include – the midtown grounds in Montreal and the Macdonald grounds in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue. The students from 150 nations seek MBBS from this esteemed university.
- University of Montreal: The University of Montreal was founded in 1878 and is a part of the Université Laval de QuébecThe college has two schools – Polytechnique Montréal and HEC Montréal. The college as well as its partnered schools are located in Montreal, Quebec, which is one of the most crowded metropolitan places in Canada.
- University of Calgary: Another known university of Canada offering MBBS is the University of Calgary. It is a public examination college located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The University was established in 1908 and is made out of 14 resources and above 85 examination establishments.
Other than the above-mentioned universities for MBBS, other most desired universities are mentioned here:
Medical Colleges in Canada:
There are a variety of colleges located in Canada which provide the MBBS program and valued globally. Many universities also offer placements in Canada and other parts of the world. Let’s check the top universities for Medical students:
- Queen’s University
- University of Alberta
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Fraser Valley
- University of Western Ontario
- University of British Colombia
- Cumming School of Medicin
- College of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan
- University of Manitoba
- Northern Ontario School of medicine
- Western University; Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry
- McMaster University
MBBS in Canada 2022 Admission Fees:
As far as MBBS fees are concerned, Canada is the most affordable country. The country provides education, accommodation, transport, and other facilities at a low price without compromising in quality. Most of the universities charge approximately, $55,000 – $70,000 every year. Here are the details for the same:
- University of Toronto – Rs 1,782,407 Per Year
- University of Manitoba – Rs 2,322,477 Per Year
- University of Ottawa – Rs 2,919,603 Per Year
- Trinity Medical College – Rs 1,291,860 Per Year
The central issue for Indian students:
- Candidate must have completed undergrad (3/4 years) degree in Science
- Canadian Medical Universities don’t accept direct application after class XII capability.
- Indian candidates must clear NEET-UG test.
Direct Admission in MBBS in Canada:
Here are the requirements for direct admission:
- Canada follows an organized admission process for MBBS. Only after completing the Bachelor’s Degree can apply for colleges and universities in Canada.
- Applicant must have completed class XII with minimum 60% scores and must be a student of Physics, Chemistry, or Biology stream.
Candidates must have done MCAT which is the Medical College Admission Test and must clear the English Proficiency Exam either TOEFL or IELTS with 90 out of 100 marks.