MBBS in Germany 2023: About the German Education System: German education is different from other countries. The public universities in Germany are financed by the government and no tuition fee is charged or very little amount is charged as Administration Fee at the beginning of the academic year. The finances of the private universities are costly which students have to manage. Germany comprises a large number of public universities than private ones. According to German law, education should reach everyone and everyone should be able to afford it. This is the reason, in some areas, even the tuition charges are not accepted or a very small amount is charged.
MBBS in Germany 2023:
The world-class universities in Germany offer highly advanced MBBS to students in the world. Germany is the most preferred country when it comes to attaining MBBS affordable and high in quality. The medical universities are well recognized by the world’s top organizations such as WHO and MCI. Soe medical universities even offer free MBBS to international students. The Medicine field expands from time to time and if you wish to acquire MBBS in Germany 2023 then here are the details you should check once:
MBBS in Germany 2023 – Highlights:
Here are some quick facts about doing MBBS in Germany:
- Name of the Course: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Course Duration: 5+1 ( 1 Year Internship)
- Basic Eligibility: 10+2 (PCB) with 60%
- Medium of Teaching: English & German
- Universities Recognition: MCI & WHO
- Entrance Exam: NEET
Recognition of German Medical College:
It is very important to check the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters before deciding the best medical college. Check the affiliations:
- Ministry of Education, Germany
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students:
To apply to German medical universities, check the eligibility criteria given below:
- The student’s age should be 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- There is no upper age limit to apply.
- Students must have completed their Higher Secondary Education with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- It is mandatory to clear the NEET examination.
- It is compulsory to clear TOEFL and IELTS scores
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in the Medical Universities:
To acquire admission to the best medical universities of Germany, check the eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidates must have attained at least 90% marks in 10+2
- Candidates must have successfully cleared the first year of graduation with above 58% aggregate
- Proof of certificate of passing DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) exam.
Here is the complete admission information:
- First, fill the application form with all the required details and after that, you will receive the admission letter.
- Pay the enrolment expense.
- After submitting the amount, apply for Visa.
- Students in Germany can acquire financial help from several grants and foundations which receive public funding.
- Heidelberg University supports bright students via various scholarships and support programs.
Documents Required for Admission:
It is mandatory to carry the following documents before seeking admission to the Medical Colleges in Germany.
- Passport (At least 18 months validity)
- Certificate & Mark sheet of class X and XII
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 latest passport size Photographs
- 10 Photocopies of school leaving certificate
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Germany.
- Legalization of all documents from the German Embassy.
- Valid Travel Passport
- Bank receipt of the University’s 1st-year Tuition fee (needed for some Universities).
- Medical Fitness Certificate (By hospital with stamp)
Syllabus of MBBS in Germany:
Here is the syllabus for studying MBBS in Germany:
- 1st year of Medicine: Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular, Medical Mathematics, Foreign language
- 2nd Year Of Medicine: Genetical Anatomy, Topographical Anatomy, Physiology, Virology, Parasitology, Biology, Histology, Genetics, Foreign Language, Medical Psychology, Medical Pedagogy, Practical 30 Hours/Week 2 Weeks
- 3rd Year Of Medicine: Anato-Pathology, Pathophysiology, Medical Semiology, General Immunology, Pharmacology, Clinical Immunology, Surgical Semiology, Sanogenetic Education
- 4th Year Of Medicine: Internal Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, Radiology, Urology, Traumatology and Orthopedics, Surgery, Medical Emergencies, Hygiene, Traditional medicine, Child Abuse, and Practical 30 Hrs/Week 2 Weeks
- 5th Year Of Medicine: Internal Medicine, Stomatology, Neurology, Paediatrics, Infantile surgery and orthopedics, Endocrinology, E.N.T, Ophthalmology, Clinical Genetics, Pneumophysiology, Oncology, Practical 30 Hrs/Week 2 Weeks,
- 6th Year Of Medicine: Obstetrics-Gynecology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Clinical And Therapeutical Synthesis, Polyclinics, Medical and Surgical Emergencies, Public Health, Balneophysiotherapy and rheumatology, Forensic Medicine, Family Planning And Sex Education, History Of Medicine
Check the cost of studying MBBS from top universities of Germany. Here the cost is mentioned in INR:
- Minimum Course Fee: Rs. 5,000,00/-
- Maximum Course Fee: Rs. 11,000,00/-
Top MBBS Colleges of Germany:
To seek admission into the top Medical or MBBS Colleges in Germany, make sure to have comprehensive details. Know more about the universities here:
- Humboldt University: The Humboldt University is situated in Berlin, Germany. It was founded by Frederick William. The main campus of this university is situated in Unter den Linden boulevard in central Berlin. The university offers 6 years MBBS course. To know all the deep details of the university, go to the official website https://www.hu-berlin.de/de
- PhilippsUniversity: The Philipps University of Marburg was established in 1527 by Philip I, Landgrave of Hesse. It is one of the oldest universities in Germany. However, it is operated as a public university of the state of Hesse, without religious affiliation. Philipps University also offers 6 years MBBS course similar to Humboldt University. Click the link https://www.uni-marburg.de/de to know more about admission.
- University Heidelburg: University Heidelburg is a public research university in Germany. It was founded in 1386 on the instruction of Pope Urban VI. It is also the oldest university consisted of twelve faculties and provides various programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, and postdoctoral levels in around 100 disciplines. Collect complete details by clicking the link https://www.uni-heidelberg.de/
Advantages of MBBS in Germany:
International students are attracted by Germany when it is to seek an MBBS course. Check the pros of studying MBBS in Germany:
- No need to pay the capitalization fee.
- The Indian students attaining admission will seek admission in the universities recognized by the Medical Council of India for screening tests commenced by MCI.
- Students will get a wide opportunity and exposure to carry out clinical practice because of highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- No donations are accepted to study in Germany during the time of admission.
- The tuition fee and cost of living is affordable.
- The MBBS degree attained from German medical colleges is globally accepted.
- Students can work in any government hospital after completing the MBBS course.
- The medical colleges are acknowledged by WHO and MCI.
- The English language is used for studying MBBS in Germany
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark.
- MBBS colleges initiate great academics and sports facilities.
- Government hospitals in Germany offer practical training to medical students.