MBBS in Italy 2022: MBBS is the topmost course that students want to pursue all over the world. Different countries offer this course and feel more than happy when international students choose their country for seeking the MBBS. Just like other countries, Italy also serves MBBS to students from various parts of the world. Being a self-esteemed country, it provides standard medical education to students. Undoubtedly, the country offers advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Italy is also preferred because the medical universities are acknowledged by organizations such as WHO, NMC & UNESCO. For your ease, MBBS in Italy 2022 admission process, eligibility criteria, course fee, etc are fully explained in this article. Check all the information below:
Why Italy for MBBS?
You may ask the question about why Italy for pursuing MBBS. The below-given explanation will be enough for seeking the answer to this query:
- Studying MBBS from Italy is inexpensive
- Italy doesn’t accept any donations for studies.
- Wide clinical exposure is given in multispecialty hospitals.
- Students get the opportunity to practice in Government hospitals after completing MBBS.
- The English language is used to study MBBS in Italy.
List of Top Medical Universities in Italy & Fee Structure in INR:
- Humanitas University, Milan, Italy: 4-6 lakhs
- Università Di Firenze: 4-6 lakhs
- University of Pisa: 3-5 lakhs
- University of Studies, Udine: 6-8 lakhs
- University of Turin, Turin, TO: 4-6 lakhs
Following are the admission prerequisites for Indian students to apply for MBBS in Italy:
- The age should be 17 years
- The applicant must have cleared the NEET entrance exam.
- Candidates must have cleared class XII from the recognized institutes undertaking the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
Italian medical universities follow a straightforward admission process. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the official website of the university and fill the application form
- Submit the original documents and apply for MBBS
- Wait for your application to be reviewed
- Accept the offer letter from the institute & take a print.
- Submit the application processing fees.
- After admission is confirmed in the MBBS course, apply for the student visa.
- Send the information about your arrival at the university.
Documents Required for Admission:
Check the list of documents required for admission in MBBS:
- Mark sheet of Class 12th and 10th
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of passport
- Statement of Purpose (legalized by the governing body)
- A few Passport Size photographs
- A copy of the invitation letter
- Bank Receipt
Remember: Ensure that all the documents are authorized by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
MBBS is for 6 years duration and students will also get practical knowledge as well. Check the syllabus covered in all 6 years:
- 1st Year: Anatomy and Histology
- 2nd Year: Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology
- 3rd Year: Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, and Path Physiology
Clinical Subjects and Clinical Posting
- 4th – 6th Year: internal Medicine, Oncology, Neurology, Psychology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, gynecology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology
Mandatory Exams to study MBBS in Italy:
To seek admission in medical universities in Italy, students must have passed tests such as GMAT, GRE, SAT, or the English language proficiency test like TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- Students from European countries must be having European citizenship and are eligible to apply for an MBBS degree without applying for Visa.
- However, Non-EU students need to acquire a student Visa in Italy to apply for the MBBS course.
Check the types of Visa:
- Visa Type C – This is short term visa valid for three months
- Visa Type D – This is long term visa for more than 90 days
Documents Required to apply for Visa:
Given below are the documents required to apply for the student visa:
- Copy of class 10th and 12th mark sheets (Attested by the legalized body)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Statement of Purpose
- Application fees
- Passport-size photographs
- Copy of invitation letter
Education System in Italy:
If you are genuinely interested to apply for MBBS from Italy, then you must be aware of the education system followed in Italy:
- It has a standard educational system almost equal to the US education system.
- The Italian Medical colleges are popular all over the world.
- Medical universities in Italy focus on the practical abilities of students.
- Pre-education examinations are also held for better results.
- There are two semesters in each year – the first semester begins in September/October & the second semester begins in February and ends in July.
- Every academic semester consisted of 20 weeks for the MBBS course along with 6 weeks of the examination period.
Medical colleges in Italy are well-recognized by elite governing bodies such as:
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- World Federation For Medical Education
- National Medical Commission
- Ministry of Education, Italy
- World Health Organization
Cost of Living:
It is quintessential to know the Cost of Living in Italy (in INR and USD)
- Accommodation: 60,000 to 70,000 (INR) and 857 – 1000 (USD)
- Food: 10,000 to 20,000(INR) and 142 – 285(USD)
- Transport: 2000 to 3000(INR) and 28 – 42(USD)