MCAT 2024: MCAT is shortened for Medical College Admission Test. It is an entrance examination for admission in various medical schools situated in the United States of America, Canada, Australia, and the Caribbean Islands. Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has designed the test and administered it by Pearson VUE. The best thing, MCAT is conducted 25 times a year in 21 countries around the world.
MCAT Exam 2024 – Highlights:
- Name of the Examination: MCAT
- Full-Form: Medical College Admission Test
- Exam Conducting Body: Association of American Medical colleges (AAMC)
- Official Website: aamc.org
- Exam Level: International
- Mode of Exam: Computer based
- Questions Type: Multiple Type Questions (MCQs)
MCAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
AAMA is responsible for designing the exam and prescribed the eligibility criteria for the applicants to appear in the medical college admission test. The eligibility criteria of MCAT 2024 for both USA students and International students are prescribed. The MACT can be taken by candidates planning to join the health profession programme in any college or institution which accepts MCAT scores. International applicants holding an MBBS degrees can also appear in the test and for this, they don’t need to acquire special permission. If you are interested to apply for MACT 2024, go through the comprehensive details given below:
- The US and Canada-based candidates must be holding an Undergraduate degree to apply for the test.
For International Applicants:
- International applicants must be pursuing or completed MBBS or special request
- No additional eligibility is required for international candidates.
Facility for Special Permission:
Those who are unable to meet the eligibility criteria, need to take special permission for appearing in the test. Check the situation require for taking the special permission mentioned below:
- If the candidate does not belong to the disability category and still can’t comply with the AAMC testing process.
- If the candidate wants to appear in the test for any reason apart from applying for admission to a health professions programme.
- If the candidate has enrolled in the medical school and wants to change the school.
How to take Special Permission?
- The applicant with an AAMC ID can request for making special permission. In this regard, fill in the information on the personal information section.
- In addition to this, fill and submit an online service request provided by the MCAT registration system dashboard.
- Once you submit the form, the exam conducting body will review the application and send the response within five days.
- On the contrary, if you do not seek permission then this may cancel the appointment, an investigation from AAMC may take place and you will be banned from taking MCAT temporarily or permanently.
- If international applicants meet all the requirements, they don’t need to take special permission to appear.
Programs Accepted via MCAT 2024:
Applicants can appear in MCAT 2024 if they wish to seek admission to several medical colleges accepting MCAT scores for admission to the given below programs:
- MD programs
- DO programs
- Podiatric Medicine (DPM) programs
- Veterinary Medicine (DVM) programs
- Other health-related programs
MCAT Exam Number of Attempts:
Those who opt to appear in the test more than once need to follow the given below instructions:
- You will get an MCAT exam appointment for one exam at a time.
- You cannot appear in the examination more than three times a year.
- You may appear for the test four times in two consecutive testing years.
- You may appear in the test 7 times in your lifetime
MCAT Registration 2024:
Here are the Registration steps:
- Those who are eligible for MCAT 2024 can register using the online mode.
- For registration, it is a must to create an AAMC ID on the official website of the MCAT.
- To create an AAMC ID, use the details such as name, date of birth, email id, gender, and educational qualification.
- Once the ID is created, log in to the MCAT registration system for creating the profile.
- Create the profile using personal, biographical information, and educational qualifications.
- Schedule the test by selecting the appropriate test date and exam center.
The Association of American Medical Colleges has prescribed the exam pattern for the test. The exam pattern includes details such as test scheme, type of questions, time duration, marking scheme, etc. Here are the related details:
There will be four sections in the MCAT Exam 2024 test paper and these are as follows:
- Chemical and physical foundations of biological systems
- Biological and biochemical foundations of living systems
- Psychological, social, and biological foundations of behavior
- Critical analysis and reasoning skills
The first three sections consisted of foundational concepts in the sciences. These sections include questions from General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Introductory Physics, and Introductory Biology, and introductory courses in Biochemistry, Psychology, And Sociology.
The critical analysis and reasoning skills section comprises comprehension passage-type questions. The passages are taken from Social Sciences and Humanities. Candidates need to use their reading, analytical, and reasoning skills to answer questions from this section.
MCAT Exam Dates 2024:
No exam date released right now if we get any official announcement we will soon update:
Number of Questions and Test Duration:
- The chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems section will have 59 questions to be completed in 95 minutes. In this section, a total of 10 passage-based sets of questions will be there. 4–6 questions per set and 15 independent questions
- Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills section will have 53 questions to be completed in 90 minutes.
- Section Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems includes 59 questions and candidates will get 95 minutes to complete the exam.
- Section Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior will have 59 questions to be completed in 95 minutes.
Test Day Guidelines:
- Applicants must reach the test center at least 30 minutes prior.
- The candidate will not be entertained if reached late.
- Finish off the check-in process before appear for MCAT 2024.
- Make sure for carrying an MCAT accepted ID.
- Earplugs, storage key, fin-point marker, and notebook will be provisioned at the exam center.
MCAT 2024 Result:
After appearing in MCAT 2024, applicants wait for the result. Here are the result details:
- AAMC will release the scores of MCAT 2024 within 30-35 days of the test. The scores are easily available online at the MCAT score reporting system.
- To access the MCAT scores, sign in at the portal using the AAMC ID username and password. The separate scores for all four sections will be provided.
- The score report includes details such as score, confidence band, percentile rank, and score profile.
- There is a facility for test question challenges and restoring facilities.
- The candidate will get marks for the correct answers and no penalty will be for incorrectly answered questions.
- The scores will then be converted on a score range of 118 (lowest) – 132 (highest). The score range will show 472 (lowest) and 528 (highest).
- Candidates are provided with the void option. This implies that if the candidate does not want their test to be scored, then they can click on the void option. Once they click void, the test will be canceled. In such a situation, the score of the voided exam will not be sent to the medical colleges.
To access the MCAT scores, sign in to the MCAT Score Reporting System. The scores can be viewed no later than 5:00n pm ET on the day of the release. The scores are sent via email or any other source.