New Mexico Highlands University Admission 2023: New Mexico Highlands University is situated in New Mexico, US. It is a public institution that came into being in the year 1893. It has five different centers in Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, Albuquerque, Farmington, and Roswell. The university is attributed by the Higher Learning Commission. It provides popular programs in Chemistry, Business, etc. All programs are accredited by the American Chemical Society, Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) respectively. Here are in and out New Mexico Highlands University Admission 2023 details for you:
New Mexico Highlands University – Highlights:
- University Type: Public
- Campus: Suburban
- Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico
- Financial Aid: For both Undergraduate and Post-Graduate candidates
- Students -Teacher Ratio -15:1
- Official Website: nmhu.edu
- Types of Programs: Graduate and Post-graduate
- Academic Calendar: Semester
- Application Mode: Online
About New Mexico Highland University Campus:
The campus of New Mexico Highland University is situated at 1005 Diamond Street, Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to the main campus, there are five different centers providing education to students via regular and online courses.
Residence Facilities in Campus:
- The campus has six residence halls and each of them consisted of required amenities. Students have complete authority to choose a room for them. There is an Archuleta Hall which is the four-seater suite-style hall where students of the same gender will be provided with a single room out of four rooms in the suite.
- Arrott and Gregg Halls are apartment-type residential halls with amenities such as refrigerators, stoves, wi-fi, cable television, etc.
- Connor Hall is a single and double seater room with a shared bathroom on each floor meant for students of the same gender.
- Kennedy Hall consisted of 4 buildings – East, West, North and South. They are available in single-seater rooms with options for shared and common bathrooms. This hall is not for freshmen.
- Melody Hall has a limited number of single-seater rooms with a bathroom shared by 2 such rooms. It has amenities such as wi-fi, cable television, laundry facilities, and local phone access to the residents of all the halls.
New Mexico Highlands University 2023 Application Process:
Check below the application process for New Mexico Highlands University Admission 2023:
- How to Apply? Fill the application form by submitting 25 USD using online mode or via money order to the university.
- Admission Requirements: SAT/ACT test score; GPA of 2 or more; Higher Secondary School passing certificate, Financial verification certificate, Copies of passport, and Visa
- English Proficiency Requirements: International students need to submit IELTS or TOEFL test scores as proof of English proficiency.
Cost of Attendance:
Check below the estimated cost of attendance:
- Tuition Fees: 5804 USD
- Room and Board Charges (including meals): 7368 USD
- Cost of books and supplies: 1144 USD
- Other expenses: 4118 USD
New Mexico Highlands University provides a huge number of programs but few of them are as follows:
- Bachelor Computer Science
- Bachelor Interdisciplinary Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A] Marketing
- Bachelor Sociology and Anthropology
- Master Media Arts and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Math and Computer Science for Secondary School Teachers (Grades 7-12)
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Human Performance and Sport
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Health
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] History
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Political Science
- Bachelor Business Administration-Accounting
- Bachelor Business Administration – Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Special Education
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Elementary – Special Education
- Master of Arts [M.A] English – Literature
- Master of Arts [M.A] Human Performance and Sport – Teacher Education
- Master of Arts [M.A] Southwest Studies
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A] Management
- Master of Arts [M.A] Counseling – Rehabilitation Counseling
New Mexico Highlands University 2023 Admission Deadlines
International Students Admission:
New Mexico Highlands University has made it compulsory for students to must have completed secondary education. Amongst other admission requirements, students must fulfill minimum grade points, official academic records, financial support, etc. The admission process for international and domestic applicants are almost except few changes.
Given below are the New Mexico Highlands University Admission 2023 requirements for admission in New Mexico Highlands University admissions:
- Students must submit the fully filled application form
- Submit the proof of graduation from high school.
- Submit all the official academic transcripts, certificates, or grade records from the institution from which you have received secondary education.
- Degree information for graduate admission
- For freshman applicants, a cumulative GPA equivalent to a minimum 2.0 on 4.0 scale with a secondary school completion certificate
- Submit the scores of the entrance test in order to study in the US.
- Minimum IELTS, and TOEFL scores as proof of English proficiency test.
- Financial verification of the ability to study in the US with the financial certificate form.
- Letters of recommendation and statement of purpose
Students can mail the admission documents to the below-given admission office of the university:
New Mexico Highlands University Address:
International Education Center, Box 9000, Las Vegas, NM 87701;
Phone: 505.454.3058 or 505.454.3372,
Toll-Free: 1.877.850.9064, ext. 3058 or ext. 3372;
Fax: 505.454.3511, Email: [email protected]
English Proficiency Test Scores:
International students need to present TOEFL, IELTS scores to know the English proficiency. The minimum required scores by the university are as follows:
- TOEFL (iBT) – 76 for all applicants including business candidates
- TOEFL (CBT) – 207 for all applicants including business candidates
- TOEFL (PBT) – 500 (for all applicants) 540 (business candidates)
- IELTS – 5.5 (for all applicants) 6 (business candidates)
- GTEC (for undergraduates) – 1051(for all applicants) 115 (business candidates)
International candidates must be possessed with a visa to study at New Mexico Highlands University. After admission is finalized, candidates can apply for a visa from the US embassy. Following are the documents required for visa:
- Form I-20 from Texas Wesleyan University
- A copy of passport valid for six months
- An acceptance letter from the University
- Proof of financial support and bank statement
New Mexico Highlands University Undergraduate Admissions:
New Mexico Highlands University Admission 2023 comprises undergraduate admissions in 50 plus majors. There is a provision for rolling admissions for domestic undergraduate applicants and international students by submitting the application form and other admission documents before the last date.
New Mexico Highlands University provides 30 plus graduate programs in Business, Arts and Science, Education and Social work training to students from various parts of the country and around the world. The graduate program requires at least 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 GPA, a bachelor’s degree and transcripts, standardized test scores, etc before the last date. The application fee will be 25-50 USD (non-refundable)