NIEPA Admission 2023-24: NIEPA stands for National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration. It is established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Being a premier organization, it deals with research in the planning and management of education in India and South Asia both. Like other Central universities, NIEPA is maintained by the Government of India. The National Institute came into being in 1962 when UNESCO established the Asian Regional Centre for Educational Planners and Administrators which later popular as the Asian Institute of Educational Planning and Administration in 1965. Afterward, when the roles and functions of the National Staff College increased, it was renamed the National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) in 1979.
NIEPA 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
A piece of suggestion here, before applying check whether you meet the eligibility criteria or not. In this regard, check the eligibility criteria given below:
Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D. Programme:
If you are interested to apply for Integrated M.Phil – Ph.D. Programme then:
- Firstly, you must have done master’s degree in Social Science and Allied Science with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST category)
- Secondly, a candidate should have at least three write-up copies of the proposed research topic.
NIEPA Ph.D. (Full Time) Programme:
For Ph.D. (Full Time) Programme, an applicant must be possessed with the M.Phil degree in Educational Planning and Administration with at least 55% marks and 50% for SC/ ST category.
As far as Part-Time Programme is concerned:
- Applicants must have fulfilled the above-described eligibility criteria.
- Presently, the candidate should be in full-time employment.
- Also, five years of experience in teaching/research in educational policy, planning and administration.
NIEPA Admission 2023 Application Form:
The application form is a must to apply for NIEPA Admission 2023. Visit the official website to seek the application form in the online mode. Fill in all the details in the application form without making any mistakes otherwise form may lead to cancellation. It is important to submit the application form before the last date. Make it a point that only filling and submitting the application on the form does not end the process. In addition to this, pay the application fee too. Check the application fee details below:
- SC/ ST/ EWS: 200/-
- Others: 400/-
Another important thing to remember, the Application fee is the non-refundable amount. Furthermore, pay this amount via online mode to seek admission in any of the desired programs.
Candidates need to apply in the online mode for admission to M.Phil and PhD programmes of the Institute. Make sure that you take a print of the filled-in form. Also, send the form along with the required documents before the last date.
Send the applications by registered post to the registrar latest by May to the following given address:
National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration
(NIEPA) 17-B, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110016, India
NIEPA Admission Process:
Check the details about the admission process:
- First, NIEPA offers admission to M.Phil – PhD (Integrated), PhD (Full Time) and PhD (Part-Time).
- Second, admission is based on written tests and interviews.
- Third, call letters and instructions regarding the online entrance test and interview will be published on the official website.
Fellowship: After you are selected for admission, you will get the fellowship. And the fellowship is offered to Integrated and Full-time applicants, not to Part-time candidates.
Programmes Offered by NIEPA:
Given-below is the list of programmes offered by NIEPA:
- Phil – Ph.D (Integrated)
- D (Part Time)
- D (Full Time)
Now, let us know the selection process for M.Phil – Ph.D Programme:
- In the first place, candidates will be shortlisted for the written exam.
- Next, after qualifying for the test, candidates will be shortlisted for an interview.
- And, after clearing the interview, candidates can seek admission.
- Towards the end, the final list will be prepared based on written tests and interviews.
- Keep in mind, Income and Asset Certificate to be produced by EWS candidates at the time of interview: