Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada: Canada is a hub of high-quality education. Due to this reason, candidates from different parts of the world prefer seeking Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada. Interested applicants must acquire complete information on eligibility criteria, colleges offering Post Graduate Electrical Engineering Courses, application process, etc
List of Colleges Offering Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada:
Find below the list of Colleges who offer Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada:
École de Technologie Supérieure:
At École de Technologie Supérieure, applicants will go through research projects in Electrical Engineering. It offers industry experience, and 60% of the research work is done in collaboration with businesses. It offers Master/Part-time, Full-time/On Campus courses. The cost of the course will be 39,316 EUR per year
University of Regina:
Electronic Systems Engineering is offered at the University of Regina. It focuses on the integration of electronics, computers, and communication technologies in different types of systems. The university offers Master / Full-time / On Campus course opportunities. The cost of the entire course is 13,551 EUR per year. The course duration is 1½ years
- Dalhousie University: This university offers an Electrical and Computer Engineering programme. This university also offers Master / Full-time / On Campus courses. The cost of the course for one year is 8,708 EUR
- McMaster University: Master of Engineering (MEng) program in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering aims at enabling the students to enhance their knowledge and skills in different areas of electrical and computer engineering to a level where they can implement the prevalent technologies. Here also candidates can do Master / Part-time, Full-time / On Campus courses. The cost of the course per year would be 3,877 EUR per year. It offers Postgraduate Electrical Engineering for the duration of 2½ years
- University of Ottawa: This University also offers Electrical and Computer Engineering consisted of research strengths of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS). It offers 14,895 EUR per year. It is a 2 years course.
- Queen’s University: Interested candidates can apply for Electrical and Computer Engineering at Queen’s University. The university proffers thesis/research-based Master’s program. The course duration is 1 year and the cost of the course is 17,026 EUR
Those who are willing to apply for Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada must meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Applicant must have attained at least 65% in the last two years of study.
- In addition to this, the applicant must be possessed with a four-year honors degree or equivalent from some recognized college/university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study.
- Proof of English proficiency is needed for international applicants (whose first language is not English)
- Admission is offered on an ongoing basis till the seats are filled.
- Students must have cleared IELTS or TOEFL to fetch admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Those who have completed graduation from senior secondary school or equivalent
- Candidate must have completed at least 4 major subjects in Class XII including English with at least 70% and in no course less than 65%.
- Applicants must have acquired the scores 6.5/9
- The average scores in IELTS should be 86/120, TOEFL63/90, PTE 110/160
Documents Required to apply for Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada:
Here is the list of documents needed for Postgraduate Electrical Engineering Courses in Canada:
- Students need to submit the official marks statements or transcripts provided by the college.
- Certificates such as High School or University/College Certificates to be submitted
- Outline of the academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Proof of English proficiency (in case English is not the first language in student’s country)
- Scores attained in IELTS/TOEFL (if English is not the native language)
Reasons for doing Masters in Electrical Engineering in Canada:
There are various reasons for doing Master in Electrical Engineering in Canada. Some of them are as follows:
- High GDP spending on education
- High standard of education
- A global leader in research
- Lower cost of living
- A native of major languages – English and French
- World-class education
- Research facilities
- Internship and job opportunities
- Higher wages
- Cultural diversity
- Home to natural wonders
- Advanced economy (A G7 country)
- Scholarship facility
- Proximity to the USA
List of Postgraduate Courses in Canada for Electrical Engineering:
Check the list of Electrical Engineering courses in Canada:
- Foundations of Data Analytics & Machine Learning
- Data Mining in Engineering
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Power Electronics
- Power Electronics: Converter Topologies
- Photonic Devices
- Systems Control
- Introduction to Data Science & Analytics
- Application of Artificial Intelligence in Materials Design
- Analog Integrated Circuits
- Introduction to Lighting Systems
- Introduction to Energy Project Management
- Alternative Energy Systems
- Current Energy Infrastructure & Resources
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Finance & Management
- Engineering & Society
- Master of Engineering Project