Scholarships in Australia 2023: Australia is a known continent in the world. It is the third most popular place to acquire education. Students from different parts of the world prefer seeking education from this place. Currently, Australia has approximately 700,000 international students to attain high-quality education and a fantastic lifestyle. If you are the one dreaming to attain education from Australia but running short of finances then there is a provision for scholarships. You should everything about this in detail. Check the detailed information about Scholarships for Australia in the article given below:
Scholarship Programs for International Students:
Here are the major scholarships programs available for international students, check below:
- Australia Awards: It aims at promoting knowledge and creating a strong bond between Australia and other countries of the world. This scholarship program is offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), the Department of Education, and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR).
- Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP): – From the year 2017, the Research Training Program (RTP) has replaced the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) program. The participating university will directly receive the applications for these scholarships.
- Destination Australia Program: The Destination Australia Program (DAP) is another scholarship provider an effort from the Australian Government for domestic and international students to study in regional Australia. More than 1000 scholarships are provided every year to support both domestic and international students studying at the regional campus locations. Australian tertiary institutions provide the scholarship of up to $15,000 per student every year.
- Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship: This is for high-achieving female researchers from APEC provides economic help to carry out research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions. The fellowships support women’s economic empowerment in the APEC region and raise the level of females in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Provider Scholarships: Australian education providers offer scholarships to qualifying international students, based on their academic merit. In this regard, connect with the admissions team or international office at the provider you are applying to for further information and advice.
Who Can Apply for a Scholarship?
All the scholarships listed above are for international students. Some of them are also provided to the nationals. The scholarship conditions are set by the respective organization or institution providing the scholarship. The applications will directly go to the scholarship provider. To check the eligibility for a scholarship, contact the organization offering it.
Criteria to Apply for Scholarships:
- The most important criterion is a good academic score.
- Factors such as destination, subject, and level are also considered for seeking scholarships.
- Some of the scholarships consider factors such as extracurricular activities and volunteering can also be used to advantage.
- Scores attained in English language proficiency such as IELTS. The scores of IELTS are accepted by almost all Australian institutions.
Cost Covered in Scholarships:
Here is the list of costs covered in Scholarships:
- Most scholarships to study in Australia includes the tuition fee.
- Even some of them cover living or traveling expenses.
- Research programs offer up to 100% scholarship which includes tuition fees and living expenses.
- It is suggested to start the process around 8-12 months before the preferred intake begins.