Scholarships in UK for International Students 2023: Are you interested in seeking studies from the UK? Are you extraordinary in academics but need financial help to study in the UK? Are you perturbed about how the expenses will be arranged to study in the UK? You will be happy to know that scholarships for UK education can solve all your queries forever. The UK Universities as well as the British Government provide several scholarships to international students who are willing to study in the UK. Here are scholarships for UK study below:
UK Government Scholarships:
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships: The Scottish Government collaborated with the Scottish universities and offered Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships. This specific scholarship is for citizens from countries such as Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA who wish to study full-time Masters degrees in Scottish universities in several areas such as Science, Technology, Creative Industries, Healthcare and Medical Sciences, renewable and clean energy. The worth of each award is £8000 which is used towards tuition fees for 1 year of full-time study.
- Chevening Scholarships: Chevening Scholarships, an effort from the UK government’s global scholarship programme is awarded as the most outstanding scholarship alternate for outstanding students. This scholarship is eligible for all the countries around the world. Usually, the awards are for a one-year Master’s degree. Most Chevening Scholarships consisted of tuition fees, a living allowance at a set rate (for one individual), an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants covering the essential expenditure.
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarships: This scholarship is for students from developing nations who want to acquire Master’s programs in the UK. All the scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The Scholarship covers airfare to and from the United Kingdom, tuition and examination fee, personal maintenance allowance, thesis grant (if applicable), the arrival allowance, etc.
UK University Scholarships:
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK) – The Clarendon Scholarship Fund is a prominent graduate scholarship scheme that offers 140+ new scholarships every year to eligible graduate applicants (including international students) at the University of Oxford. The scholarships are provided to the students based on their academic excellence and potential across all degree-bearing subjects at the graduate level at the University of Oxford. The scholarships include full tuition and college fee and a generous grant for living.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: This scholarship is provided to remarkable applicants from any country situated outside the UK to acquire a full-time PG degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. This scholarship consisted of the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also includes additional, discretionary funding.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships: The University of Edinburgh proffer more than 30 scholarships to excellent students who want to pursue a PhD Research Programme in any field of study offered by the University. Each scholarship initiates the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. However, the scholarships do not cover maintenance charges.
- University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships: University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships are given to the majority of Sussex Schools and are awarded based on the academic performance and competent to non-EU international students who have applied for and been offered a place for eligible full-time Postgraduate Taught degrees at the University of Sussex. The scholarship provides 50% off on the international student tuition fee and offered for one year.
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships: Bristol University is another well-known university offering £500,000 to give help to bright international students. Think Big Undergraduate scholarships and Think Big Postgraduate scholarships are available for courses that begin in 2020. The tuition fee award ranges from £5,000 – £20,000.
- University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships: The International Ambassador Scholarship provides financial support to academically bright students who want to attain a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of West London. The scholars will then act as international ambassadors for the University of West London. The university provides 50 scholarships worth up to £5,000.
- University of West England Chancellor’s Scholarships: The University of the West of England, proffers above £100,000 worth of scholarships for international students every year. It includes the Chancellor’s Scholarship where the student will undertake an internship working within the International Development Office and several other departments. The scholarship includes full tuition fees for one complete academic year.
- Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships: The Warwick Graduate School provides 42 Chancellor’s International Scholarships to the extraordinary PhD applicants annually. The scholarships are provisioned for international and EU students in any discipline offered at Warwick. The scholarships consisted of full payment of overseas tuition fee and a maintenance salary.
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships: Another scholarship is Transform Together scholarships which are available for international and European Union (non-UK) students applying to study a full-time postgraduate or undergraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University. A half fee waiver (50% discount) is given on undergraduate and postgraduate courses taught for the first year of study.
- University of Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Country Students (UK) – Westminster’s Full International Scholarships are the most competitive scholarships open for international students belonging to developing and middle-income countries who wish to acquire a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of Westminster. The scholarships consisted of full tuition fee waivers, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.
- Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham: This is another scholarship designed for international students especially from countries such as Africa, India or the developing countries of the Commonwealth who yearns to study for a Masters Degree at the University of Nottingham. Every year, 105 scholarships are awarded and 30 scholarships cover the full tuition fee whereas 75 will cover 50% of the tuition fee.
Criteria to Apply for scholarships to study in the UK:
- The candidate must have achieved the good academic score
- The factors for scholarship consisted of the selected destination, subject, and level.
- Some of the scholarships include factors such as extracurricular activities and volunteering to take advantage.
- Every scholarship has its eligibility criteria while for others only an application is sufficient for the scholarship.
Contact the university admission center for solving any doubt.