Study in Canada 2023: After seeking education in their native land, many students aspire to study abroad. Now, the problem appears when there are several options available to seek education. Immense of the countries offer different programs for international students and Canada is one of them. Canada is the most sought destination to attain higher education. The student intake happens in January and September months. Due to a plethora of choices, students can make a good decision about the program. Here are more details about the study in Canada 2023:
Steps from Beginning till End to study in Canada:
- First of all research and shortlist the colleges and universities with courses you want to pursue admission in. You can take help from support services and facilities as per your requirements.
- Apply and prepare for standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS or GRE, and GMAT.
- Fill in the application form of the universities and submit it along with the necessary documents before the last date.
- Send a reply to the different emails received by colleges/universities quickly participate in the admission processes.
- Now, look for a study loan, scholarships, and financial aids and apply for the same.
- Once, finances are arranged, apply for a Student Visa and book your flight tickets to Canada.
Admission Related Guidelines:
Research: Take the initiative to submit the application form and fulfill all the prerequisites for admission. You need standardized test scores, visa documentation, etc.
- Make a list of the best colleges and universities, you want to pursue admission in.
- If you are perturbed about the degrees and programs then sit calmly and prepare a list of the programs you wish to pursue.
- Also, search for the scholarships and financial aids offered by the university because most of the colleges and universities demand a high cost
Standardized Test: Amongst the most important documents is the score sheet of the standardized tests. Thus, to seek admission in Canadian colleges/universities, go for the tests such as SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc, which universities needed to confirm about your English speaking skills.
- Prepare for these standardized tests
- In some of the universities, candidates need to attempt the tests such as SATs, GMAT, or GRE. Thus, check the admission requirements for the different courses
- Take these tests seriously because cut-offs and minimum score requirements are usually high. Therefore, prepare for the tests and attempt as soon as possible.
- The test results will be given after a few days, weeks or it may take even months.
- Register for IELTS and TOEFL at least a month before the test date.
- While for GRE and GMAT, register at least three months before the test date.
Study in Canada 2023 Application Forms:
After attempting the tests, apply to the college or university you have shortlisted. Keep in mind the deadline as universities/Colleges will not accept the form sent after the deadline.
- First, visit the official website of the university you have selected and fill in the important details in the application forms.
- Enter all the crucial details and upload the documents specified by the admission committee itself.
- Make sure that the details you have entered are absolutely correct and complete. Make the desirable changes check the spelling mistakes before submitting the application form.
- In some colleges, letters of recommendation and essays along with the application form needed.
- Ensure that Your Statement of Purpose or essays must be properly structured. Do not forget to add the necessary details such as objectives and purpose of joining the program. It will take a month at least to complete and structuring the SOPs or Essays systematically. Thus, submit the application form along with the necessary documents within time.
Reply: Once you have submitted the application form and documents, the colleges and universities will go through the SOP or Essay to make out whether you are qualified for admission or not.
- Make sure that all your communication modes are active i.e. email and mobile phones are available to interact with the admission authorities.
- You will receive the information about your selection for the program through email. The next step would be to participate in Personal Interviews or Video Interviews.
- Thus, keep yourself free for interviews and the selection procedure. Kindly note that your performance in the interview will decide your admission to the program and university.
- You will be given the deadline to reply to the emails received from the universities
Manage Your Finances:
- As you have participated in the selection process and chosen for admission, now, the time is to arrange the expenses to study in Canada.
- After giving the personal interview, the universities will shortlist the eligible students and provide the relevant information to the selected candidates.
- The selected students will fetch a formal email informing them about their selection and the steps to perform for admission.
- The first important step for admission is to submit the non-refundable deposit to the University. The specific amount will be considered as the confirmation of the offer letter. Submit the amount before the deadline.
- It is the right time to go for scholarships and financial aids offered by the university.
Apply for Visa:
After submitting the non-refundable deposit, apply for Student Visa and other travel documentation processes. International travelers must be possessed with the relevant identification and traveling documentation stating the legal stay in the country.
- Therefore, without a delay, apply for the visa and get done with the application process.
- Visa applications and completion is a time taking process, thus apply ASAP.
- And once all the documentation processes get over, you can acquire a higher educational degree in Canada. You need to collect all the significant documents, pack your bags, and get ready to travel.
List of Popular Universities in Canada:
Here is the list of top universities located in Canada and the estimated tuition fee (in INR) to make a better choice:
- Clair University-7,38,500 – 9,98,800
- University of Saskatchewan-76,100 – 25,76,300
- McMaster University-9,10,800 – 52,09,700
- Humber College-7,20,500 – 9,16,700
- Centennial College Toronto- 6,94,100 – 13,74,300
- Durham College-7,24,000
- George Brown University-7,78,700 – 11,90,100
- Fanshawe College-6,41,300 – 15,26,60
- Dalhousie University-4,99,500 – 23,74,100
- Vancouver Island University-6,79,300 – 15,65,000