Study in Malaysia: Malaysia is well-known for its top education and high standard of living. It has recently become the favorite destination amongst students. With the undistinguished education system, the Malaysian Government has offered hundreds of programmes for International students too. The country has over 150 universities where experienced professionals teach students. In this article, you will get crucial details about Study in Malaysia application process, eligibility, etc.
- Malaysia is a strong competitor to countries like the USA, UK, and Germany.
- It is home to several international students prominently from Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
- In addition to the official language, English is also an official language.
- It is an affordable destination when it comes to Tuition fees and living expenses.
Cost of Studying in Malaysia:
If compared to other countries, the cost of studying in Malaysia is less. Malaysia has several prestigious universities/institutes. If you have selected a Malaysian organization for studying abroad, here is the list of top universities in Malaysia:
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis in Arau
- Universiti Putra Malaysia in Selangor
- Universiti Sains Malaysia in Pulau Pinang
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in Johor
- The University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman in Petaling Jaya
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in Selangor
- Universiti Teknologi Petronasin Seri Iskandar
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional in Selangor
- Universiti Utara Malaysia in Kedah Darul Aman
Reasons to Study in Malaysia:
Malaysia has various the best universities in the globe. It offers an easy immigration process, an affordable cost of living, and diverse cultures and a renowned education system. Here are some of the plausible reasons for studying in Malaysia:
- High-Quality Education: According to the QS World Universities Ranking, Malaysian universities and courses rank in top 500, as they proffer world-class education.
- Safe for International Students: As per the latest data information, Malaysia ranks 29th on the list of the most peaceful countries worldwide.
- Foreign Universities: Students can acquire UK, US or Australian degree in Malaysia as several foreign universities have different campuses in the country.
- Affordable Education: The cost of studying in Malaysia is lower as compared to other countries. The country also provides scholarships to study. At an average, an undergraduate degree from the country costs 39,990 MYR.
- Employment Opportunities: The country also proffers work opportunities to students so that students can new job opportunities. With the huge employment rate, the country stands for the promise for the aspirants.
- Multicultural Environment: Malaysia is well-known for providing cultural, religious and social acceptance for all ethnic groups.
What is Offered to study in Malaysia?
Malaysia provides around 2,300 undergraduate degree-level courses. At average course comprises of 3 to 4 years and short courses consisted of 6 months to 2 years in duration. There are several job opportunities in the country, it is recommended to go through them while selecting a program you are interested in.
To pursue any program in the country, the applicant needs A-levels or equivalent along with the specific-entry requirements for every course and university. Whereas for the STEM courses, Data Science, IT and Business Administration, applicants need a Master’s degree amongst the International candidates. Other programs are also offered in fields like hospitality, communications, petroleum engineering and healthcare.
Most Recommended Courses to Study in Malaysia:
The list of the most popular programmes in Malaysian Universities is as follows:
- Business Administration from AIMST University/International Islamic University
- Architecture from Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur
- Computer Science from Universiti Teknologi Petronas/ Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Mechanical Engineering from Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur/Universiti Teknologi Petronas
- Psychology from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and Raffles University Columbia
- Law from International Islamic from University Malaysia, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
Study in Malaysia 2023 Application Process:
If you have decided to study in Malaysia then start with the application process. To make the process simpler, here is the step-by-step process:
- Check the Options: As the country has more than 100 renowned institutes, it is thus become essential to choose the right program for you and check it is perfect for you in terms of cost and love.
- Arrange the Finances: Malaysia is one of the affordable study locations for International students. It cost of the study is as low as 7,500 to 60,000 MYR.
- Prepare your Application: Most universities have fixed application deadlines. Most of universities begin the application procedure in February, July and October. Students are suggested to apply 7 to 8 months prior the last date.
- Apply for Visa: Once you receive a place in the university, apply for the Malaysian Visa at your nearest embassy. Submit the application fee of 1,060 MYR. The visa process may take around a month’s time depending on the application.
Most importantly, the candidate must have complete information about the admission requirements. Here is the checklist of documents for admission:
- Application fee
- Transcripts, Standardised tests scores like GMAT or GRE
- Letters of Recommendation, Accommodation Forms, Health Insurance
- IELTS: 6; TOEFL: 500 or above