Study in USA 2023: The United States of America is always an attraction, be it shopping, vacation, or education. Everybody yearns to visit the US at least once in the lifetime. This super developed country does not lack behind in education. The country has a huge number of universities and colleges where ace education is served. Millions of students from different corners of the globe visit every year in the US to seek the desirable program.
The US is the most preferred destination for international students. The 13 top institutes of the world are located in the US where endless courses are available. Along with education, students get ample opportunity to get employed in such a diverse environment. To study in USA 2023, you need to acquire all the important details given below:
Check the Salient Points:
- Visa Acceptance Rate: 80%
- Number of Institutions: 4140
- Average Study Cost: 35,000 to 40,000 USD
- Minimum TOEFL score: 85 IBT
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
Top Universities of USA for International Students:
Here is the list of renowned institutes to study in the USA 2023:
- Princeton University
- Harvard University
- Columbia University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Yale University
- Stanford University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Northwestern University
Why Study in USA?
The US is the favored destination for achieving higher education all over the world for ages. A report says that out of 100 global universities, the top 45 are situated in the USA. Here are the advantages of studying in the USA:
- Renowned Universities: The United States of America has high-ranked universities for acquiring higher education across the world. Some of the well-known names are – MIT, Stanford, Harvard, and Caltech.
- Systematic Education System: In the US, the Credit transfer system follows that allows greater flexibility in the US education system. Students at an undergraduate level are encouraged to explore several domains and select a major of their choice by the end of the second year. Here, universities offer majors and minors along with the flexibility of selecting the classes to attend in each semester. The entire method forms a strong education system that permits each student to grow and adjust according to strengths and weaknesses.
- Wide Range of Courses: The country provides more than 2 million programs via 4-and 2-year institutions offering Bachelor’s and Master’s courses. Also, the programs under Doctoral, Vocational, Associate, and Certificate courses are also provided.
- STEM OPT: USA provides a huge variety of degrees that are ‘STEM eligible’ and permits international candidates with the opportunity to stay back in the country for two years after the completion of their degrees to fetch the practical training, beyond the standard allowance of one year, while students can at the same time work for the US-based companies.
- Research and Innovation: the USA is the best place for Research and Development in the world.
- High Employment Opportunities: After the degree is completed, international students can acquire a secure placement in the USA. The salary ranges from approximately 61,000 to 1, 20,700 USD.
Courses to Study in the USA:
The USA offers a diverse range of programs in several fields. Check the list of courses available to study in USA:
- MS: MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, B.Tech, Masters in Economics, Masters in Mechanical Engineering, and B.Sc Computer Science
- MBA: Masters in Business Analytics, M.Arch, Masters in Project Management, Masters in International Business, MS in Artificial Intelligence, and MS in Data Analytics.
- MBBS: Masters in Finance, Management, BBA, Masters in Cybersecurity, Masters in Supply Chain Management, Masters in Information Systems, and Masters in Digital Marketing
Step-by-Step process to study in the USA:
Here are the steps to study in the USA:
- Search for the option: Since there are several reputed courses available to study in US-based universities in the world, it is important to make research about the factors while making a decision. Consider the factors such as rankings, expenses, reputation, availability of the program of your choice, average acceptance rate, and admission requirements of that specific course.
- Arrange the finances: The cost of education is based on the program you have selected. Also, it depends on the type of institute (private or public) and level of studies such as Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. The estimated cost for Bachelor’s will be around 15,000 to 55,000 USD annually whereas the Master’s program costs 15,000 to 30,000 USD.
- Go for application: Plan your application and check the trends influencing the admission process at the institute. Focus on the student profile and give stress to letters of recommendation, personal essay, statement of purpose, and interview.
- Check the standardized exams to study in the US: International applicants have to submit English proficiency in the form of IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent. There are other test scores such as GRE/GMAT or SAT/ACT needed depending upon the course and level of program you have opted for.
- Apply for a visa: A visa is required to study in the USA for international candidates. After receiving the offer letter from the university along with an I-20 form, apply for a student visa to the nearest US Embassy or visa consulate.
- Get Ready For a Move: After visa approval, inform your university and reach the university.
When to study in USA?
The US-based universities offer a semester-wise application cycle for education. Admission takes place in three semesters:
First – Fall Semester:
- This semester starts late in August and ends in December/early January.
- Some universities offer only selected courses during the fall semester.
- Maximum Scholarships and job opportunities are available during the Fall semester.
Second – Spring Semester:
- It begins in January and ends in early May.
- Applications in this semester are less than in the fall semester.
Third – Summer Semester:
- This is the shortest of all semesters.
- It comprises of two months – June and July.
- Special summer programs are held during this semester.
Study in USA 2023 Tuition Fee:
The estimated fee is given below in USD per year:
Average Tuition Fee for Under Graduate:
- Private 4-year college – 34,740
- Public 2 Year Colleges – 3,570
- Public 4-year Colleges – 9,970
Average Tuition Fee for Post Graduate:
- Public institution – 25,000
- Private institutions – 30,000
- Health Insurance – 2,000 to 36,740
Estimated Cost of Living:
Check the approximate cost of living in the USA (in USD/month)
- Internal Pass: 66.17
- Electricity and gas: 165
- Food: 250 to 1,200
- Transporation: 120 to 250
- Books and Supplies: 200
- Accommodation: 450 to 1,200
- Utilities: 589
- Entertainment: 215
- Living Expenses for one year: 80,000