University of British Columbia Admissions 2023: the University of British Columbia came into being in the year 1908. This is an open research university was founded by Henry Marshall Tory. This is the most internationally recognized university situated in North America. The university comprises two campuses – Vancouver and Okanagan. It houses various popular centers such as Chan Centre for Performing Arts, Centre for Interactive Research in Sustainability, UBC Welcome Centre and UBC Centre for Plant Research. Some of the found at the campus include Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Science. Find below the information about the UBC Admission 2023:
The university provides various undergraduate degree programs, postgraduate degree programs, joint academic programs, exchange programs, and distance education programs. There are several subjects incorporated under these programs such as Applied Science, Architecture, Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Philosophy, Anthropology, Ancient Culture, Religion and Ethnicity. Here are complete details about University of British Columbia Admissions 2023
University of British Columbia Admissions 2023 – Highlights:
- Percentage of International Students: 24.9 %
- International Students: 17,225
- Size of Campus in acres: 400
- Endowments Value: CAD 1 billion
- Yearly Hostel & Meals Expense: INR 8.0 Lakh
- International Students Website: http://www.ubc.ca/international/
UBC 2023 Popular Courses:
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Computer Science
- Master of Engineering [M.Eng]
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com]
- Master of Management [M.Mgmt]
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Business Administration – Finance
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science [B.ASc] Computer Engineering
- Master of Architecture [M.Arch]
- Bachelor of Design [B.Des] Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urbanism
- Master of Science in Nursing [M.S.N]
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Surgery
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Mathematics
- Master of Law [L.L.M]
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Neuroscience
- Bachelor of Applied Science [B.ASc] Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] Business and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Psychology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] International Relations
- Master of Law [L.L.M] Taxation
- Bachelor of Applied Science [B.ASc] Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Applied Science [B.ASc] Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering [M.Eng] Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Statistics
- Bachelor of Applied Science [B.ASc] Material Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Cell and Developmental Biology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Environmental Sciences
- International students are recommended to apply via online mode using the official website of the University of British Columbia. The application fee will be 118.5 CAD. The candidate must have Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- To continue with the admission process, the candidate must have stated the first two preferred programs from the list of the courses and campuses.
- Candidates must keep the track of the emails.
- Candidates must meet the admission requirements and English language proficiency.
- Provide the basic student history and submit the fully filled application along with the specified non-refundable fee.
Country Based UG Requirements:
The university has some country-specific specifications while offering admissions to international candidates. Here are the details about the South-Asian countries and their mandatory specifications:
- India: Higher Secondary School Certificate completing XII with minimum 85% scores
- Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka General Certificate of Education Ordinary and Advanced Levels; standing in 6 academic subject areas including English with a minimum 3 academic
- China: Gaokao examination results by CHESICC or CQV or 3 or more Advanced Placement (AP) examination. The candidate’s result should be above 84%
- Singapore: Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) and Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level); standing in at least 6 subject areas, including English, with at least 3 at H2 level. The candidate must have received a B average
- Bangladesh: Higher Secondary or Intermediate Certificate with more than Above 74%
English Proficiency Requirements:
As the medium of education will be English, the university requires its students to meet some language-specific standards before attaining enrollment. If you looking forward to admission at UBC, the following tests needed for the admission process:
- IELTS: 6.5 (Minimum Overall Score Requirement) 6.0 (Minimum Sectional Score Requirement)
- PTE 65 (Minimum Overall Score Requirement) 60(Minimum Sectional Score Requirement)
- TOEFL: 90(Minimum Overall Score Requirement) Reading & Listening – 22, Writing & Speaking – 21
Visa Application Process:
- If applicants are looking forward to enrolling in the desired course, then they need to get a visa to study in Canada. Consult the nearest Canadian Embassy to obtain a visa quickly after receiving the Letter of Acceptance.
- Study permits can also be obtained via the regular application process or Student Direct Stream (SDS). It is suggested to try applying via regular options. Due to SDS, certain criteria must be met and proof of paid tuition fee should also be presented which could delay the process.
- Apply through online using the official website.
- There are some graduate degree programs, not administered by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, so follow their individual application systems and apply separately. .
- Submit the Application Fee 143 CAD
- Basic Academic Requirement is a Bachelor’s degree
University of British Columbia 2023 Admission Requirements:
- Fill an online application form and submit the documents such as transcripts, letters of reference, among others.
- Provide the test scores such as English proficiency and GRE or equivalent.
- Submit the statement of interest and criminal record check, if needed.
University of British Columbia Admission Deadline:
Undergraduate Program Deadlines:
|Type of Deadline||Admission Deadline|
|Application deadline for Winter and Summer session||January|
Postgraduate Program Deadlines:
|Program Name||Application Deadline|
|M.Sc Computer Science||December|
|Master of Business Analytics||October|
|Master of Economics||December|
|Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering||March|