University of California, Irvine Admissions 2023: University of California, Irvine is a renowned public research university located in California, USA. It came into being in the year 1965 and it categorized as Research University. This prestigious university provides undergraduate and graduate programs via 16 schools and colleges. The main majors it deals in include Social Psychology; Public Health; Biology/Biological Sciences, General; Business/Managerial Economics; and Computer Science. The university is spread on a campus of 1527 acres and can accommodate 61% of the student population in various residence halls. There are important details you should know about the University of California, Irvine Admissions 2023 before seeking admission. Check out the crucial information below:
University of California, Irvine 2023 Cost of Attendance:
Applicants need to avail of important information such as fees, boarding charges personal expenses and so on. The prior estimated cost will help later a lot. Check out the related details (in USD) below:
- Fee: 44,491
- Books and Supplies: $1,363.00
- Room and Board: $15,263.00
- Personal Expenses: $1,549.00
- Transportation charges: $630.00
- System wide Fees: $12,570.00
- Campus Fees: $2,879.12
Financial Aid: University of California, Irvine also provides financial aid to the candidates as well. This is a gesture of convenience in the smooth flow of studies. Check the details below:
- More than 63% of students avail financial aid every year.
- The average annual need-based scholarships provided include USD 19,731.
UC Irvine Programs Offered:
There are various programs offered every year. Choose the programs you are intended to take admission into. Check the list of programs offered below:
- Master of Science [M.S] Computer Science
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Biotechnology Management
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Nursing Science – Community and Population Health
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Data Science
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Transportation Science
- Master of Science [M.S] Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Statistics
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Chemistry
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Physics
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Public Health Sciences
- Master of Arts [M.A] Philosophy, Political Science and Economics
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Genetic Counseling
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Environmental Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Art
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biology/Education
- Master of Science [M.S] Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Criminology, Law and Society
- Master of Science [M.S] Engineering Management
- Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D] Management
- Master of Science [M.S] Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Science [M.S] Environmental Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Mathematics
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Networked Systems
- Master of Science [M.S] Software Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Epidemiology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biological Sciences
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Biological Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Developmental and Cell Biology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Exercise Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Genetics
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Human Biology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Microbiology and Immunology
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Neurobiology
- Master of Education [M.Ed] Teaching
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Science in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Aerospace Engineering
- Master of Science [M.S] Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biomedical Engineering – Premedical
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Materials Science Engineering
- Master of Science [M.S] Materials Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Business Information Management
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Earth System Science
UC Irvine Admission 2023 Deadline:
|Deadline for Undergraduate Application||June|
|Student Intent to Register and Statement of Legal Residence deadline||June|
|Deadline for Summer UCI Grant consideration||June|
|Last month for freshman applicants to take the SAT or ACT with Writing tests||December|
|Official final transcripts due||July|
Admission Requirements for International Students:
University of California, Irvine Admission 2023 is provided on the basis of equivalent secondary education, previous academic records, scores of internationally standardized tests and verified statements for supporting academic course and living expenses.
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.4
- Official / Certified High school and college transcripts in original language and English
- ACT/SAT, GRE, and TOEFL/IELTS official scores sent to the University of California – Irvine. CEEB for IELTS/ TOEFL / SAT/ GRE: 4859
- An Affidavit of Support
- Academic Requirements according to the country
- A Confidential Statement showing monetary resources including Tuition + living.
- A copy of Passport
- Detailed Statement of Purpose (SOP) and 2 or 3 Letters of Recommendation (LORs) as per the program.
Requirements for India:
The applicants must have completed X and XII state board or CBSE examinations, with at least 70 marks and not less than 60.
Language Requirements for International Students:
International candidates also need to go through Proficiency in the English language test by meeting any one of the following given exams:
- ACT combined English/Writing or English Language Arts (ELA) – 24 or higher
- SAT Reasoning Writing – 560 or more
- Writing and Language in SAT with Essay – 31 or more
- English Literature, or Language and Literature in IB Standard Level Examination -6 or 7
- English Literature, or Language and Literature in IB Higher Level Examination – 5, 6 or 7
- International Language Testing System (IELTS) – 6.5 or higher
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Internet-based test (iBT): 80
- Paper-based test (PBT): 550 or better
- Revised paper-delivered test: 60 or better
UC, Irvine 2023 Visa Requirements:
International students who have been proffered admission by the University of California Irvine (UCI) need an F-1 or J-1 student visa to study in the USA. In order to apply for a visa, fulfill the below-given visa requirements:
- A valid visa document (I-20/DS-2019) received from UCI
- Pay the SEVIS fee and keep the printed receipt for further reference
- Make a visa appointment at the nearest US Counselor
Note: To fetch the visa documents, make sure to submit the proof of sufficient funds and English language proficiency documents.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements:
UCI proffers above 80 undergraduate majors and 70 minors. Academic requirements for various undergraduate courses are as follows:
- Candidates are required to apply via the UC Online Application
- Submit the application fee of 80 USD for International applicants
- The number of college preparatory courses should be completed.
- The required standardized national examinations should be completed
- To satisfy the subject requirement, candidates must have completed a minimum of 15 year-long (or 30 semester) UC-approved college-preparatory courses with a letter grade of C. Minimum 11 year-long (22 semesters) courses must be completed prior to their senior year. GPA of 3.0 or better must be acquired in these courses with no grade lesser than a C.
- All students applying for freshman admission need to submit SAT with Essay or the ACT with Writing.
- ACT English Language Arts – 30 or above
- ACT Combined English/Writing – 30 or above
- SAT Reasoning Test Writing – 680 or above
- EBRW SAT – 680 or above
- English (Language or Literature) College Board Advanced Placement Examination – 3 or above
- International Baccalaureate Higher Level Examination – 5 or above
- Standard Level Examination in English – 5 or above
Graduate Admission Requirements:
Graduate admission includes more than 100 graduate and professional academic programs offered by the University of California, Irvine. 44 from 64 Ph.D. programs are on the top rank. Admission requirements and deadlines got each graduate program vary from one program to another.
- To apply for graduate programs, use UCI Graduate Admissions Online Application Portal
- Submit the application fee 140 USD (fee may vary depending on the program selected)
- The graduate record examination (GRE) scores
- Send the documents electronically from the Educational Testing Service to UC Irvine.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores must be sent directly to UC Irvine by the testing agency.
- A minimum of 80 needed in TOEFL iBT for consideration.
- UC Irvine, Graduate Division accepts scores submitted electronically by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test center.
- No paper Test Report Forms are accepted.
- A minimum IELTS score should be 7 for admission
- A score of no less than 6 on any individual module.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Scan and upload the Copies of transcripts for all institutions attended since high school.
- Both the front and back sides of the transcript need to be uploaded.
- Some programs require the submission of additional materials as well
- Supplemental Essays
- Video Essays
- A personal interview will be conducted by invitation.