University at Albany Admission 2022: University at Albany was established in the year 1844. This is a public institution situated in New York U.S. The university provides a huge number of Bachelor’s, Master’s, certificate and online courses to more than 18, 000 students from U.S.A. and students from different parts of the world. The university is quite old and aims at providing academic excellence in research and technology to students. The education system is so versatile that it provides opportunities to students to work in government, business, technology, healthcare sectors.
University at Albany Admission 2022 – Highlights:
- University Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Year of Establishment: 1844
- Rate of acceptance: 54%
- Number of International Students: 1,800 approximately
- Number of faculty: 1,100
- The student to faculty ratio: 18:1
- Average SAT: 1130-1300
- Average ACT: 23-28
- Average GPA: 3.4-3.8
- Graduation rate: 80%
- Student retention rate: 63%
- Admission helpdesk: UG admissions – (518) 442-5435
- PG admissions: (518) 442-3980
- Official Website: albany.edu
Check out Campuses available for Albany University:
University at Albany comprises of three campuses such as:
- The Uptown Campus: The Uptown campus features Performing Arts Center, University Art Museum, New York State Writers Institute, National Weather Service Meteorological Laboratory. The campus center comprises of lounges, meeting and dining rooms, ballroom, cafeteria, banking facilities, convenience store, Barnes & Noble bookstore and a variety of fast-food and healthy food places. It has indoor athletic facilities including SEFCU Arena. There are 300 plus clubs.
- The Downtown Campus: The Downtown Campus consisted of Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy, the School of Criminal Justice, the School of Social Welfare and the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Health Services Campus: It consisted of a center of Bioscience research and high-tech centers.
University at Albany Programs Proffered:
- There are more than 50 undergraduate and 150 graduate programs for students.
- Undergraduate programs comprise architecture, ethnic studies, biological sciences, computer science, education, accounting, art, chemical sciences, business administration, English, sociology, psychology, theatre, etc.
- Graduate programs are proffered in several disciplines such as anthropology, biology, economics, forensic biology, chemistry, liberal studies, social sciences, physics, sociology and Urban & Regional Planning.
All these courses are provided through given below schools and colleges:
- Colleges of Art & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Criminal Justice
- School of Education
- College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security & Cybersecurity
- College of Engineering & Applied Sciences
- Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Welfare
- Albany Law School – University at Albany Affiliation
- Honors College
- The Graduate School
Points to Remember:
Candidates seeking admission to the University of Albany must take care of the following given points:
- The University invites fresh applications for the fall and spring semesters.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
- Interested candidates must apply as early as possible.
- Freshmen applicants need to complete the traditional college preparatory coursework.
- The average GPA of the freshmen class should be 3.4-3.8 (89%-95%).
- Admitted students had SAT scores between 1130 and 1300 and ACT scores 23 and 28.
- In order to complete the enrollment, candidates need to provide the official final transcripts along with the date of graduation.
- It is not compulsory for International applicants to submit SAT/ACT scores. Graduate applicants need to submit GRE/GMAT scores if the program they have selected demands.
University at Albany Admission Deadline:
|Early Action Application Deadline||November|
|Regular Admission Application Priority Deadline||February|
|Enrollment Deposit Deadline||May|
University at Albany Admission 2022 Process to Apply:
Here is the process to apply for the desired program at the University of Albany.
- Candidates are required to fill the application form via the Online Application Portal or the Common Application.
- Submit the application fee 50 USD (undergraduate applicants) and 75 USD (graduate applicants)
Documents to be Submitted:
International students must submit the below-mentioned documents to fulfill the application process.
- A fully filled Application Form
- Official transcripts of high school or college
- Scores to Entrance Examination to Study in the USA
- English language proficiency test scores
- Financial Statement
- Copy of passport
- Visa certification
Note: Your academic counselor needs to email the PDF of your official transcript from their school-sanctioned email address. You may send transcripts and other application materials to this address: Office of International Admissions & Recruitment, University at Albany Science Library G 40, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222 USA.
English Proficiency Test Scores:
International students need to provide proof of English language proficiency test. The candidate must have attained the minimum scores in any of the tests given below:
- PTE: 50
- IELTS: 6.0
- Cambridge English: B2
- TOEFL (PBT) – 523
- TOEFL (iBT) – 70
- SAT-1 EWRS: 400 with a 22 reading sub-score
- Duolingo: 95
- ACT English and Reading: 19
- IB Higher Level English A Literature: 4
- IB Higher Level English A Language and Literature: 4
- AS level or A level English or English language subject: AS
Visa Process for International Students:
International students need to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa to Study in the USA and need 1-20 forms and DS-2019 forms from the university to become eligible for applying for student visas.
Documents required for Visa:
To acquire I-20 or the DS-2019 Form, the submission of the following documents required:
- A copy of my passport
- Evidence of financial support (bank statement, letter of assistantship or sponsorship, or proof of sufficient funds for one year at the University at Albany)
- Evidence to indicate strong ties with the home country and plans to return after study/employment
- Certificate of Finance stating availability of funds for one year full expenses at University of South Florida
- After receipt of the eligibility documents, the SEVIS fee needs to be submitted online at https://fmjfee.com.
- Schedule an interview with the US Embassy or Consulate. Carry the following documents during the interview:
- I-20/ DS-2019 Form.
- Original Bank Statement.
- Admission letter to the University at Albany.
- Official Academic records.
- Certificate of finance
Admission Requirements for some popular courses:
Given below is the list of few courses for which a specific admission requirement is there:
- For Masters of Arts in Liberal Studies, candidates required a critical writing sample, Three Letters of Recommendation, official GRE test scores, Statement of Goals (1-2 pages)
- To apply for Masters of Science in Computer Science, the candidate needs to submit Three Letters of Recommendation, resume, internship, clinical experience, field experience, study abroad component required, official GRE test scores
- To apply for Masters of Science in Accounting, applicants need Three Letters of Recommendation including one academic reference, official GMAT test scores, Statement of Goals (1-2 pages), resume, Completion of a minimum of 3 credits in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science and Financial Accounting
- In order to opt for Masters of Business Administration (Full-time), the candidate needs to submit Three Letters of Recommendation including one academic reference, official GMAT test scores, Statement of Goals (1-2 pages), resume, internship, clinical experience, field experience, study abroad component required.
- To opt for Master of Public Health, the applicant required MPH Application through SOPHAS, Graduation with at least a GPA of 3.0, college-level course in Math or Statistics with at least B grade, one required semester of Social Science, WES Evaluations for international transcripts, minimum TOEFL score of 98, CV/ Resume, 3 Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Goals (1-2 pages)
For Master of Science in Computer and Electrical Engineering, the candidate must be holding an Undergraduate degree in related fields, Resume, Three Letters of Recommendation, official GRE test scores, Personal Statement