UCAT Registration 2024-25: University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) 2024 is commenced for admission in medical and dental courses in the UK. It will be administered through VUE (Virtual University Enterprise), Pearson. There are two clinical aptitude tests and UCAT is one of them. The test will help candidates to seek admission in the medical courses in the affiliated universities located in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Australia. Check all the details about UCAT 2024 below:
The exam will consist of five sections and each of them is time-based. All the tests help in checking analytical thinking, convergent, divergent thinking, etc. The test will be commenced at various Pearson VUE examination centers situated in the UK and abroad too.
UCAT 2024 – Highlights:
- Name of the Examination: University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
- Examination Type: Objective
- Administrator: VUE, Pearson
- Number of candidates: More than 25000 every year
- Official website: https://www.ucat.ac.uk/
UCAT Registration 2024:
Only those who apply will get a chance to appear in the test. Here is the step-by-step process of the UCAT Registration 2024:
- First Step: In the first step, applicants will register for UCAT 2024 by providing the basic details in the registration form. Make sure that not to make multiple accounts. Make sure that you register only once.
- Second Step: After registration gets over, a form ID will be generated which you need at the time of examination. Make sure to fill in the details carefully, especially the name because it will be mentioned on the form ID.
- Third Step: After completing the registration, candidates will answer the questionnaire. It includes the questions based on the demography of the candidate. It includes details on medical, dental school, parents details, career, etc.
- Fourth Step: In this step, you need to book the slots. You need to select the desired slot to appear for the test.
- Fifth Step: In this step, check the date and time according to your convenience and lock the slot. Ensure filling the preferable time slot as there will be limited options in front of applicants.
- Sixth Step: In the last step, applicants will pay the fee via online mode. You can pay via any of the modes such as via debit card, credit card, etc.
- Pay the UCAT exam fee before August month: £ 55
- UCAT test between September – October: £ 80
- UCAT test outside Europe: £ 115
UCAT Test Date 2024:
|Registration Commencement||July 2024|
|Last date of registration||Not Announced|
|UKCAT 2024 Exam Date||October 2024|
Select the desirable examination center to avoid last-minute rush and or any inconvenience during the time of examination. Check some important points towards the UCAT – University Clinical Aptitude Test in UK exam center:-
- The exam will be conducted at the exam center designated by VUE, Pearson.
- In all, there are more than 160 examination centers for UCAT in the United Kingdom.
- If you are staying abroad, more than 130 Pearson VUE centers for the UCAT examination are provisioned. Make a careful selection for the examination centers.
If the candidate has certain physical or medical ailments and needs access arrangement then there is availability for access arrangement option to ensure that candidate can appear in the exam smoothly. Check the crucial details related to this option:
- Applicant can opt for the extended time depending on the problem. Usually, in such cases, the candidate will be given 25% more time than the actual test time.
- The candidate will get a separate examination room
- If the problem is unmanageable then candidates can also apply for UCATSA, UCATSENSA, UCATSEN, etc.
- The exam will be a computer-based test
- The candidate will get 2 hours to complete the exam
- Five sections will be there in the test
- All questions will be Objective type
The UCAT in the UK has five sections and each of them is fully explained below:
- Verbal Reasoning- This section will be for 22 minutes and it will have 11 passages with 44 questions.
- Decision Making- This section will be situation-based and will be presented in the form of charts, tables, graphs, and texts. It will have 29 questions to be completed in 32 minutes.
- Quantitative Reasoning- In this section, the candidate has to complete 36 questions in 25 minutes.
- Abstract Reasoning- The candidate has to go through convergent and divergent thinking questions in this section.
- Situational Judgment – In this part, the applicant’s medical ethics and related questions will be asked.
Release of Preparation Kit:
The exam conducting authority will release the preparation kit on the official website of UCAT. Check the important guidelines towards the same beneath:-
- Visit the official website of UCAT to access the kit at least a month prior.
- Check the question bank available there. This question bank will consist of sectional tests. The exercise will help in understanding each section precisely. Each question bank contains 100 tests.
- The final two-hour test will be available and applicants can test the once fully prepared.
- While practicing the question available on the official website, candidates can use E-Calculator rather than using the usual calculator. This will tasks comfortable.