University of California Admission 2023: The University of California was established in the year 1864 is a public research university that aims at providing students with various degree programs related to health. This is one of the largest public universities in California which offers various doctoral degrees, master’s degrees, and certificate programs. If you are interested to acquire information about the University of California Admission 2023 then the below article will help further:
University of California 2023 Admission Highlights:
- Year of Establishment: 1864
- Location: San Francisco, California
- University Type: Public University
- Admission Mode: Online
- Test Scores Accepted: TOEFL, IELTS
- Mode of Program: Full-Time
- Admission Helpdesk: (415) 476-4044
- Email: [email protected]
- Official Website: ucsf.edu
University of California Courses:
- The University of California San Francisco provides only graduate programs which include 11 professional masters and 19 doctorate programs in Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing, and Health Division.
- All the programs are offered via four professional schools such as – Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, pharmacy and UCSF Graduate Division.
- Some of the Ph.D. programs include – Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences, Medical Anthropology, and Healthcare Administration & Interprofessional Leadership MS.
University of California 2023 Admission Process:
Application Form: To seek admission to the University of California San Francisco, candidates are required to fill the application form. Submit the application fee of 125 USD.
- Fully filled application form
- A degree of graduation from an accredited College/University
- Academic transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Evaluated transcripts after evaluation from the evaluation agency
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
- Immunization Records
- Financial Documentation
- Other program-specific requirements
Note: For any query or contact the admissions office at the given address:
The University of California, School of Medicine Office of Admissions, Box 0408, 533 Parnassus Avenue, Room U-426, San Francisco, CA 94143, Phone: (415) 476-4044, Monday- Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00pm
Cost of Attendance:
Check below the estimated fee for international students enrolled at the University of California San Francisco:
Tuition Fee (In USD):
- Dentistry – 23,687
- Medicine – 23,687
- Pharmacy – 27,501
- Physical Therapy – 27,581
- Dentistry – 26,550 (9 months)
- Medicine – 29,500 (10 months)
- Pharmacy – 32,450 (11 months)
- Physical Therapy – 32,450 (11 months)
Books & Supplies:
- Dentistry – 942
- Medicine – 600
- Pharmacy – 832
- Physical Therapy – 700
Student Health Insurance:
- Dentistry – 5,470
- Medicine -5,470
- Pharmacy -5,127
- Physical Therapy – 6,735
Student Services Fee -1,128 (same for all courses)
The University of California proffers various graduate programs in different fields of medicine. The most popular master’s degrees comprise of Interprofessional Health Post-Bac Certificate Program, Dentistry (DDS), Master of Science, and many more. Here are some of the important admission details:
- The University of California offers application forms for the Fall and Spring sessions.
- The international students must meet the minimum TOFEL/IELTS scores to attain admission.
- Students need to upload the supporting documents while filling the online application form.
- Submit the non-refundable online application fee USD 125
- All the transcripts must be sealed and mailed from the issuing center to the university.
- International students can apply either using online mode or Common Application.
- Some of the graduate programs have specific requirements.
- Graduate programs will keep a copy of the official transcripts and will return the originals to the Graduate Division.
International Student Admission:
The university grants admission to domestic and foreign students both those who meet the eligibility criteria. However, for admission to international students, there are some extra requirements from the university. The application mode is online and application fee will be USD 125
Admission Requirements: Following are the documents to be submitted for admission to the University of California.
- A completed application form
- Official high school and college transcripts
- Evaluated Transcripts by an authorized agency
- TOEFL/IELTS/GRE scores
- Verification of financial support
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of financial support
- Letter of recommendation
- Three PASS evaluation forms (PEFs)
- Official Transcript Translations
- Copy of passport
- Essay or resume
- Dean’s institution evaluation
- Copy of passport
Note: There are some graduate programs that don’t need Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Email all the official transcripts to the university at this address: University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry Office of Admissions & Outreach, 513 Parnassus Ave., S-630, San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
English Proficiency Test Score:
All international students need to show their proficiency in the English language. They can show their TOEFL or IELTS test scores that need to be sent directly from the official testing agency to the university.
Test for UG courses:
- TOEFL (PBT) – 550
- TOEFL (CBT) – 213
- TOEFL (IBT) – 80
- IELTS – 7
The International students looking forward to seeking admission at the University of need to avail the Visa need to first apply for F-1 Visa; international students need to complete the below-given steps:
- Submit the I-901 SEVIS fee
- Submit the Non-immigrant Visa Application and application fee (MRV fee)
- Pay the Reciprocity Fee (if applies)
- Plan a schedule for F-1 Student Visa appointment
- Bring the appropriate documents to Your Interview.
The U.S. government wants students to produce proof of financial support for a year at least for both educational and living expenses. Send the address of proof at this address:
International Students and Scholars Office, William J. Rutter Center, 1675 Owens Street, Room CC290, San Francisco, CA 94143, Phone: (415) 476-1773, Email: [email protected]
The admission requirements will be the same but applicants from other countries than the USA, have to fulfill the following academic requirements:
- India: Candidate must be acquired with the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or Senior Secondary Certificate
- United Kingdom: GCE A-Levels (Minimum of 3 academic subjects with C or better) will be enough.
- New Zealand: NCEA Level 3 will be enough
- Hong Kong: HKDSE Certificate will be more than enough
- Sri Lanka: Applicant must be possessed with the Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education Advanced Level
- Peoples Republic of China: Candidate must be possessed with the Senior High School Graduate Certificate (i.e. Redbook)
- Bangladesh: A Higher Secondary Certificate is sufficient
- Brazil: Diploma/Certificate de Ensino Medio is the requirement
There are innumerous master courses including the courses such as Biomedical Imaging MS, Clinical Research MAS, Global Health Sciences MS, Healthcare Administration & Interprofessional Leadership MS, Health Policy, and Law MS etc.
- In addition to this, university also offers different Ph.D. programs including Social and Population Sciences, Certificate Programs, etc. However, each program has a specific academic requirement, and a few of them are given below:
- Application fees: 125 (USD)
- Nursing Master of Science program: All undergraduate transcripts and TOEFL score required. Also submit the work experience and resume.
- Master of Science: Minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale verified by official transcripts needed. GMAT/GRE/TOEFL scores and an essay of 300 words also required.
- The Master of Translational Medicine program (MTM) – Submit the original transcripts and TOEFL scores.
- The History of Health Sciences (HHS) program MA – At least a 3.0 (B) grade point average required in GMAT/GRE/TOEFL
- The Master of Science in Biomedical Imaging (MSBI) program – at least a 3.0 (B) grade point average needed in GMAT/GRE/TOEFL
Note: The students applying at the University of California, School of Medicine must submit the supporting materials to: UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium, UC Davis School of Medicine, 4610 X Street, Suite 4101, Sacramento, CA 95817