University of Nevada, Reno Admission 2023: There are various universities all over the world and one of them is the University of Nevada, Reno. The shortened form is UNR. It is the public land grant university, came into being on October 12, 1874, in Elko, Nevada. The UNR is categorized among R1: Doctoral University where very high research activity –takes place. The campus of the university comprises of large structures in the College of Engineering, which leads to putting the Nevada researchers at the forefront in the range of civil engineering, earthquake and large-scale structures testing and modeling.
University of Nevada, Reno – Highlights:
- Type of University: Public University
- Year of Establishment: 1874
- Programs Offered: Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral
Know More About the University of Nevada:
- On the national level, the University of Nevada Reno has been ranked at 763rd position.
- The Forbes magazine ranked the University at 349th place in the US.
- According to Times/WSJ, the University of Nevada in amongst 276 bands in the US
- Washington Monthly ranked the University at 96th place in the US.
- The campus of the university is quite large
- The university offers residential facilities with eight residential halls for the students who wish to stay on the campus.
University of Nevada Programs offered:
There is a provision for around 68 undergraduate areas of study such as Accounting, Art, Biology, Agricultural Sciences, and Anthropology. There are more than 75 Master’s programs including MS in Biology, MBA, Biotechnology MS, and Criminal Justice MA. There are almost 50 Doctoral programs including Animal and Rangeland Sciences, Chemical Engineering, and Economics.
University of Nevada Admission 2023 Application Process:
The opportunity for international students to seek admission at the University of Nevada is quite high. Check the entire application process mentioned below:
- International students can apply for any of the desirable program using applications.
- International students must submit the application fee $95 to apply and $60 for nationals.
Admission Prerequisites: Students need to fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Students must be possessed with the diploma from and certification by an accredited secondary school
- Scores of Standardized Exams to study in the USA
- The academic programs should have at least 16 units which include English (4 years), Foreign Language (3 years), Laboratory Science (2 years), Algebra and Geometry (2 years and 1 year respectively), and History (2 years).
- The acceptance rate at the University of Nevada is almost 88%.
- The international applicants must appear for TOEFL or IELTS in the situation if they are from the non-English speaking background.
Cost of Attendance:
International students are required to check the estimated cost of attendance to study in the University of Nevada, Reno. Here is the estimated cost in USD:
- Undergraduate Tuition and Fee: 23,086
- Graduate Tuition and Fee: 20,357
- Books and Supplies: 1,300
- Room and Board: 11,960
- Other Expenses: 4,370
Programs: Though the vast number of programs offered at the University of Nevada, Reno, some of them are as follows:
- Master of Science [M.S] Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Information Systems
- Master Justice Management
- Executive Master of Business Administration [E.M.B.A]
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
- Master of Science [M.S] Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Geophysics
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Nursing
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Nursing (RN)
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Finance
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Community Health Sciences
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Nursing
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] General Business
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Management
- Master of Science [M.S] Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] International Affairs
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] International Business
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Education [M.Ed] Literacy Studies
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Equity and Diversity in Education
- Master of Arts [M.A] Educational Leadership
- Master of Education [M.Ed] Elementary Education
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Elementary Education
- Master of Arts [M.A] Teaching History
Full-Fledged International Admission Details:
The University of Nevada Reno accepts international applicants once they meet the university requirements. Please note that admission requirements vary from one country to the other. To apply for admission, use the official website and apply via online mode.
Documents Required for admission:
- A Completed application
- Copy of the academic records
- Original transcripts (transcripts presented in any other language other than English requires a translation)
- Proof of financial support
- Provide your level of English proficiency
- Personal Essay and letters of recommendation
- Resume /curriculum vitae
- GRE/GMAT scores taken in 5 years
English Proficiency Test Scores for international students:
International students are required to successfully clear the Proficiency Test Scores with minimum scores given below:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL (paper) – 550
- TOEFL (internet) – 79
- Duolingo: 105
International students need to apply for a visa after the application letter is accepted by University. After the application’s approval, the University of Nevada will issue I-20 Form or Form DS-2019 from the University of Nevada.
Documents Required for Visa: Given below are the documents required to apply for visa:
- A Valid Passport
- Proof of Health Insurance/Verification Form
- Current United States Address and Phone Number
- Original I-20
- Receipt of 200 USD for I-901 Fee Payment
After submitting I-20 form and SEVIS fee, students can schedule an interview with the US embassy.
University of Nevada 2023 Undergraduate Admission:
The University of Nevada Reno provides undergraduate admissions in Accounting, Arts, Business, Economics, Nursing, Management, Marketing etc. Apply for the desirable program through the official website for availing important information.
Admission Prerequisites: For undergraduate admissions, high school coursework is required. Check the related details below:
- English – 4 Units such as Composition, Rhetoric or Literature
- Mathematics – 3 Units such as Algebra I or higher
- Natural science – 3 Units such as Biology, Chemistry & at least two units in a Laboratory Science
- Social studies – 3 Units such as World History, Geography, Economics or U.S. History
- 0 weighted GPA in the academic core courses.
- Student needs to meet GPA requirements at least of 24 college transferable semester credits at an NSHE Community College and have a 2.5 GPA in all your coursework.
- SAT combined score of 1120 or an ACT composite score of 22 will be considered for admission.
University of Nevada 2023 Graduate Admission:
The University of Nevada Reno offers graduate admissions in Art, Education, Engineering, Economics, Music, Nursing, economics and many more. Candidates are required to visit the official website to avail all details about admission.
Admission Prerequisites: For graduate admissions, the following requirements are necessary: Submit the application fee $ 60, Resume, Transcripts, letters of recommendation, GMAT/GRE scores, statement of purpose.
University of Nevada Address:
Address: 1664 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89557, United States
Phone: +1 775-784-1110