University of North Carolina Admission 2023: The University of North Carolina is a known public research university situated in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America. This prestigious university was founded in the year 1789 and was the first public institution for providing higher education in the state and the medical school of the university specializes in cancer care. A wide number of students want to pursue the desired course from North Carolina University. University of North Carolina System Admission 2023 process, admission requirement, and other details are given below:
University of North Carolina System Admission 2023 Highlights:
- College Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Work-study program: Yes
- Mode of Program: Full time; Part-time; online
- Admission Helpdesk: 919-966-3621
- The university proffers many programs such as 77 undergraduate, 111 graduate, and 65 in the doctoral category. There are 14 schools and colleges
- The popular majors are – Social Sciences; Communication, Journalism; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Psychology; and Business, Management, Marketing.
University of North Carolina 2023 Admission Process:
- Requirements: Transcripts, LOR, SOP
- Test Scores: SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT
- English Proficiency Test: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE
- Intake Season: January 15
- Additional Requirements: Resume, personal statement, proof of financial support
Applications for undergraduate and graduate programs should be submitted via Common Application and official website respectively.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
- Tuition & Fees: 36,000
- Housing & Meals: 11,526
- Books & Supplies: 972
- Travel & Personal: 3,472
Financial Help for Admission:
- More than 46% of students are provided with annual financial help.
- The average annual scholarships awarded for USD 18,169.
University of North Carolina Admission Process:
The University of North Carolina provides a vast number of undergraduate and graduate programs through the College of Arts & Sciences and its professional schools. If you are interested to seek admission to this university then know in detail about the admission procedure. Check all the admission related information below:
- The university starts the admission process with application forms available for fall and spring sessions
- It is mandatory to submit SAT or ACT scores
- Students must upload the supporting documents while filling the application form.
- At least an average grade of B (cumulative GPA 3.0) or higher is required to acquire a graduate course at the university.
- The students who want need-based financial help need to submit the FAFSA and CSS/Profile by March 1, 2023.
- Students must use the Common Application or Coalition Application to apply for admission.
- The non-refundable application fee for Under Graduate courses is USD 85 and USD 95 for graduate courses.
- Submit the application form before the last date.
- The student must acquire a minimum SAT score of 630 for admission.
- Minimum ACT Score (Composite) should be 29
- Work Experience is required in some courses
- There is provision for Financial Aid, Loans, Grants, and Scholarships
- International students may use the Email ID [email protected]
International Student Admission Details:
The University provides different courses for domestic and international students. They can select the course of their choice and pursue the studies accordingly. Students are required to meet the eligibility criteria for seeking admission to the university. There are some additional requirements for admission to international applicants and they should also meet the additional admission requirements to do the course of their choice.
Process to Apply for University of North Carolina:
- The international students can apply for admission by using the Common Application or Coalition Application.
- The application fee will be 85 USD
The International students need to fulfill the below mentioned requirements for seeking admission:
- A fully-filled application form
- Official high school and college transcripts
- Verification of financial support
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of financial support
- Letter of recommendation
- Official Transcript Translations
- Transcripts evaluated by an authorized agency
- Scores of Standardized Exams to study in the USA
- A COPY of passport
- Letter of recommendations
- A personal statement
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- A resume
It is important for candidates to send the transcripts to the university via email – [email protected].
English Proficiency Test Scores:
Candidates must score very well in English language tests such as TOEFL or IELTS. The scores of these tests need to be sent from the official testing agency to the university.
- TOEFL: Must have score 100 or more
- IELTS: 7.0 or more
- PTE 7.0 or more
International students applying for admission must also apply for visas in the USA after the university accepts the application. The important information related to the financial documentation needed to get a visa to come to the University of North Carolina as well as the visa process is available to provide admission to international students. It is suggested that international applicants must visit the International Student and Scholar Services page to fetch complete details about the visa process. Check the steps to complete F-1 visa:
- A valid passport
- Complete an Immigration and Financial Declaration Form
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee
- Schedule an F-1 Student Visa appointment
- Get your visa interview
Note: – The students are suggested not to submit the information during the regular application process for admission. The international candidates can visit the UNC-Chapel Hill online campus directory and know all about the campus. Campus directory assistance is also available at 919-962-2211.
There are various majors and minor study options for the applicants planning to study at the University of North Carolina. Some of the programs include Applied Mathematics major, Art and Art History major, Biology major, and many more. The international candidates are required to submit transcripts directly from the institution to the university within the given time limit. Apply for admission using Common Application or online application by submitting the application fee of USD 85
Documents for Admission:
Following are the documents required for undergraduate admission:
- English proficiency test score for international applicants
- Official high school transcript
- ACT/SAT Scores/ TOEFL/IELTS scores
- Letter of recommendation(s)
- Documentation for financial support
Graduate Admission Details:
There are numerous programs for students applying for graduate courses. There are above 80 programs offered in 160 different graduate degrees. Given below is the academic requirement of the graduate programs offered at the University:
The Admission Requirements:
- Submit the application fee $95 while applying for any of the undergraduate courses
- Submit the transcripts of work experience and professional CV. However, there is no need to submit and the State of Purpose.
- GRE is not required for Master of Material Science and Master of Chemistry
- GRE (general) or GMAT scores within the last 5 years required for Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.
- GRE Required (general) score within last 5 years required for Master of Statistics and Operations Research
PhD: GRE scores are not required; MS, MSEE, MSPH: GRE (general) score within last 5 years for Master of Environmental Sciences and Engineering